No SR-556 Ruger Tilt Issue So Far

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SIGWatchman

Bearcat
Yeah, I took a ride out to Wexford as I couldn't wait any longer. It's a stretch for me but worth it. I plan on going again tomorrow (Thursday) unless the weather becomes a factor. A few more weeks and I'll only be 5 minutes away from a range :D

Ammo was Winchester White Box marked 5.56 55gr FMJ. To be fair, the gun was never cleaned from new. I purchased it, took it to the range and fired 40 rounds of Lake City XM193. That same day my father died and I never had a chance to do anything since. I probably over lubed as well before going to Wexford. I also used grease that is most likely too old and thick which could easily cause this problem. Everything was scrubbed clean and I backed off the lube to just some oil where it counts (I'm still used to DI carbines which run very well wet).

The Winchester White Box was sitting in my fathers basement so tomorrow I will use known good ammo to me. I have a stash of Prvi that I will be shooting.

trex1310":cnxjxxem said:
Are you using the loose $1 bills as cleaning patches?

Huh?

SIGWatchman

Bearcat
Ahh! Yeah, I'm slow. :lol:

Anyway, went back to Wexford today and put 200 rounds of Prvi Partizan 55gr FMJ through it without issue. The carbine is very accurate at 50 yards but I certainly need to improve my skills beyond that. I have no pictures and none needed as there is no additional carrier tilt wear.

Beachbum

Bearcat
My old buddy Sig685!! Whatsa matter? Now that Ruger makes an AR pattern rifle, you can't rip on the gun (at least not without good photos) so you rip on the photographer?

All I get from this thread is the new gun is much more complex than the ol' Mini 14, like all ARs very dependent on lube and less dependable, and of course...not at all ambidexterous in operation.

You just can't help but piss off people! Good lord, man! Did even your mother hate you? Do you ever try to NOT be a jerk?