no simunition conversion for ruger?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mekender

Single-Sixer
as recreation, ill play paintball thank you... No desire to have anyone point a real gun at me...

now if i was force on force training with the military, things would be different. but not as a recreational activity.

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
I did a force on force class recently. Trust me, play with paintball, not sim rounds. Those little things hurt. We ended up fighting over the bullet proof vests and one guy actually folded up a tarp and then wraped it around his torso and taped it up. I got bloody wounds through leather work gloves and bruises that ended up being over an inch to two inches around (the rounds are smaller than a 1/4"). We weren't using the Simunition rounds but some similar ones that are actually a bit hotter.

Trust me, these things are serious (within about 20 yards) and work great for training but, I would not want to play with them on a regular basis.

As for the class, we were using converted glocks and ran mock drills were we took turns being good guy - bad guy and doing scenarios ranging from street attacks to home invasion. For conceal carry holders, this is THE class to take.

jitt

Bearcat
radical...i'd figure they would hurt if you don't use all the protective gear you can muster...but it sounds super fun cuz you actually use a real firearm and i think the sting might add to the adrenaline rush but again i don't know what it's like so i totally believe you turbo....where did you take the class?how much?etc...

s4s4u

Hunter
Turbobuddha":2li7f04v said:
I did a force on force class recently. Trust me, play with paintball, not sim rounds. Those little things hurt. We ended up fighting over the bullet proof vests and one guy actually folded up a tarp and then wraped it around his torso and taped it up. I got bloody wounds through leather work gloves and bruises that ended up being over an inch to two inches around (the rounds are smaller than a 1/4"). We weren't using the Simunition rounds but some similar ones that are actually a bit hotter.

Trust me, these things are serious (within about 20 yards) and work great for training but, I would not want to play with them on a regular basis.

As for the class, we were using converted glocks and ran mock drills were we took turns being good guy - bad guy and doing scenarios ranging from street attacks to home invasion. For conceal carry holders, this is THE class to take.

You're kidding.............right???

adamx

Bearcat
i dont know that Simunition offers these to many non LEO or military places, but they are definitely great training tools.

I became a simunition scenario instructor for my department this year. the class was a week long. if you think the regular training is fun, you should see the instructors class :mrgreen:

not only did we get to play with various guns all week long, they had simunition flashbang grenade things that were re-useable and loud as hell, and a bomb pack that could be used as a suicide vest, mine, remotely detonated bomb, set off with a trip wire, all kinds of neat uses. when it goes off it makes a loud bang and shoots a cluster of paintballs out around it. good times...