No scoffers, please.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
By the grace of God, I am eighty-five years old today. Years ago I claimed my life verse in Scripture as Proverbs 3:6 "In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." I'm living testimony of that.

When I came home from the Army, I took three weeks off, then got a job. I had no education, no marketable skills and very little sense. In time I got into a school learning drafting and soon had a job doing that. Gaining experience I got a better job, paying better and with good benefits. I retired in 2006, and from 1959 until then never had a day in my life that I did not have a job. I had a broken marriage that left me heavily in debt and a six year old daughter to raise. Along the way I met Nita and we were married. In time my financial situation improved and Nita and I had one of the best marriages any man could have.

Nita and I had the opportunity to travel, taking fabulous vacations, visiting forty-six of the States. We were to see the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean, a couple of the Great Lakes, Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, The Grand Tetons, and many other spots. We crossed over into Canada, and three times into Mexico. Crossed the Rio Grande once in a leaky rowboat.

I have had the respect of men I respect, and the pleasure of having a ministry to young children, many of whom I still have contact.

I have had a good life. God has been good to me.

Bob Wright

Ride1949

Buckeye
Happy birthday Bob. May you have many more. Although we've never met face to face, I' like to say it's been a pleasure to know you through this forum. Enjoy your special day.

Happy birthday Bob!

I’m curious, which are the 4 states you never made it too? I suspect Alaska and Hawaii might be two of them. Did you have plans to visit those last 4 ever?

That is a good story.

Mike J

Hunter
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. Off topic a little but today is also my sons birthday. He is turning 10.

Latest posts