No question about it, this forum is for old guys

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bobsyouruncle

Single-Sixer
Mid to late seventies I can't remember. Most of the gun websites remind me of returning home from the army on leave and sitting down to dinner with the family and asking my sister to pass the butter, the reaction I get is mostly the same.
Oh heck! I've crapped my pants............................again

RSIno1

Hunter
I'm 68, but I still feel like I'm 18. Especially when I watch Katie Sunshine. (You're welcome!)

I was 8 when my sister and I got the "new" Hula Hoop. WhamO was about 10 miles from our house and sold seconds (worked fine but cosmetic problem). 72 now and don't know where it ended up. There is still a Frisbee in the garage somewhere.
Still have my GT1 racecar. No longer like rubbing fenders at 11/10 but 8-9/10 track days at a sedate 150-160 mph are fine. I never did get into bikes. A Honda in my youth to save gas and parking going to work in downtown LA. Not like gramps - he did have a bad leg from scooter accident that wasn't set right. He was my dad's step dad and wouldn't let him ride (but was fine with him racing midgets). My dad also tried to talk me out of bikes on the street but was OK with my dirt bike in the desert.

Attachments

• fwb mtrcyc.jpg
    fwb mtrcyc.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 21
  • fwb (10).jpg
    fwb (10).jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

WV460hunter

Bearcat
Well, Im 50 Grew up with older people My grandfather was one of my good hunting parners . My day introduced me to revolvers and motorcycle riding at a young age. 10 and 12 or13 . I have been riding motorcycles and shooting revolvers all my life. I don't really don't have much on common with young people unless they know some old things or old ways. I always found that the older generation are a wealth of knowledge.

Attachments

• 20220923_135653.jpg
    20220923_135653.jpg
    915.6 KB · Views: 15
65.5 for me.... 2019 was tough on me... I've been rode hard and put up wet way too many times...
every morning when I crawl out of bed I'm reminded .... it hurts...

but I still enjoyed that hoola - hoop video...

I found out a few years back they were actually produced in my home town for a long while.

Latest posts