No new truck for me. (Sad)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

XP100

Blackhawk
My 2019 Chevy 1500 2wd with 6.5' box had sticker just over 38,000. Chevy dealer keeps emailing me they want to buy it for 28,000. Driving it for 5 yrs in Jan. for 10,000 isn't bad but it will cost 50,000+ to replace it. Only 32,7000 miles on it. I think I will keep it.

Last edited:

dstegjas

Single-Sixer
IMHO, the problem is with the words "loaded up". The new generation(s) of libs needing pick-ups to impress their friends and the yuppies needing all the bells and whistles and SUPER sound systems and TECHIE junk..... it ain't a truck no more, is it (?)
I think we all need to get REAL..........
J.
There is a lot of truth in this. I have a son-in-law and a brother-in-law that never put anything in the bed of their trucks that would get them dirty. They also have all the bells and whistles that are available.

My brother-in-law was out in his backyard digging out a stump of an old pine tree that died. I asked him why he wasn't using his truck to pull it out. His response left me speechless. He didn't want to get his truck dirty. I just shook my head and said I will be right back. We live next door so I walked over and tossed the logging chains in the bed of the truck and drove down through the back yard. After some friendly banter with the neighbor about if my Ford won't pull the stump he would bring his Chevy over. We hooked the chains up and yanked the stump out. After cleaning the dirt off the stump I said grab a hold and we can toss it into the bed and take it over to my burn pile. He was shocked I would want to do that and get my truck dirty.

it amazes me that people will spend that kind of money for a truck and then not use it for what it was intended.

IMHO, the problem is with the words "loaded up". The new generation(s) of libs needing pick-ups to impress their friends and the yuppies needing all the bells and whistles and SUPER sound systems and TECHIE junk..... it ain't a truck no more, is it (?)
I think we all need to get REAL..........
J.
Oh you bet! My 2022 Ram 1500 has 19 speakers! I couldn't find one with all the bells and whistles so I had to order it. I got the diesel not to tow anything but for the mpg's. I get 28 on the highway.

dhains1963

Single-Sixer
Joe Biden, Gavin Newsom, " The Squad" and the liberal green sector should be arrested for economic war crimes against the United States. And still half the population will vote for a liberal Democrat.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Oh you bet! My 2022 Ram 1500 has 19 speakers! I couldn't find one with all the bells and whistles so I had to order it. I got the diesel not to tow anything but for the mpg's. I get 28 on the highway.
Kevin, I know you know this, but for the cost of that diesel, you could buy the extra 2 gals of gas you save, for about that next 50+ years. It really isn't about the saving of money, but maybe about the spending of it ? God Bless you, glad you can afford it!!!!
No judgment here my forum brother, just making a point about the COST of new trucks.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Can't believe how many of these expensive trucks I see folks driving in my area. Don't know how they afford them but also heard the repossession rate is rising. No surprise as the payments are often $700 per month! Good luck with that crap.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
A hundred grand wouldn't buy you a dog house in my area. Don't live in a ritzy area either. The new homes just constructed near me were going for close to eight hundred grand!! Nice homes but that is bordering insanity. Never dreamed of prices we are seeing now back in the 70s.

Kevin, I know you know this, but for the cost of that diesel, you could buy the extra 2 gals of gas you save, for about that next 50+ years. It really isn't about the saving of money, but maybe about the spending of it ? God Bless you, glad you can afford it!!!!
No judgment here my forum brother, just making a point about the COST of new trucks.
Yes, you are correct. But also, let's not forget diesel engines are cleaner than gasoline engines.

Hyvmax has a point about interest rates on new vehicles compared to used. That alone makes new cars cheaper.

But also, my wife's company has a deal with Ram. It works out very well.

Cholo

Staff member
Ford claims the recent strike will cost them 1.7 billion. If anyone thinks that the customer won't be picking up the tab they must still believe in the tooth fairy.
My experience with these so called "losses" oftentimes boils down to this.

A company projects next years widget sales of 650,000 units up from 575,000. They sell 600,000 units, up 50,000 from the year before. They missed their forecast of 650,000 so they call that a loss of let's say $500 million.

I seriously doubt Ford lost $1.7B. Maybe, but companies have been known to get creative with numbers. It doesn't mean they're not going to raise prices.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Beautiful truck but kiss my azz for that kind of cash! I love those leases where they want $5000 down at signing. Better grown a Money Tree in the back yard