No Guns allowed signs are only for crazy people

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I can actually see the reasoning behind the medical facility thing.... since you often have to get undressed and such then someone would have to deal with your firearm and usually the folks in these places are not trained or prepared for this. yes that might be the facilities mistake, but that is the real world. If even half the people out there would support my solution to these and other gun related problems in 50 years the problems would be solved... but it isn't gonna happen.... seems most people do not want to learn firearm safety.

jbenedetto2

Bearcat
I have given these to a few managers with signs on store fronts.

Attachments

• SOTG-038-Pt-2-No-Guns-Equals-No-Money.jpg
    SOTG-038-Pt-2-No-Guns-Equals-No-Money.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 46

samb007

Bearcat
Apparently it's official now. Interesting conversation with my primary care NP this morning. She noticed, and commented on, the empty holster I was wearing, and I told her I'd show her the 1911 I'd bought the holster for but they had that sign on the door. She laughed and said that was only for crazy people. And that her and her husband liked shoulder holsters. I reckon now I'm obligated to wear the BBQ rig with the 1911 in it for the next appt.

Times sure have changed. :)
I carry my Ruger Police Service Six 357 Magnum in SS every day in my shoulder holster I made for myself. Extremely comfortable. In fact I carry all my handguns in shoulder holsters: Glock 19 and WALTHER PPK (prewar).

Gopher

Single-Sixer
When our daughter was young her doctor ask me why I didn't answer the question of whether we had guns in the home or not. I ask him if he still beat his wife. We saw eye to eye after that and he or his staff never mentioned it again.

cwo4uscgret

Bearcat
My wife and I moved from Michigan to Texas a few years ago. My Michigan Dr. was a Canadian Citizen with a Green Card. In Michigan I was a CBP Officer on the US-Canadian Border. My doctor was fascinated by the fact that I carried a concealed handgun - or in uniform, my duty gun. He would always ask what I was carrying. On the other side of the coin, I would go to my pain management doctor after work and in uniform, gun and duty belt. One day I was in civvies and as I was taking off my outer shirt the nurse ran out of the room. A few minutes later the Doc came in the room and asked me if when I came to an appointment dressed in civvies, that I leave the gun in the car. Apparently there was a situation where a patient stormed into the office demanding his pain meds. He pulled a gun and held that nurse hostage until the police defused the situation. I didn't argue with the doctor; so I always wore my uniform!

Here in Texas about 1/2 my appointments are at Brooke Army Medical Center. I make sure my handgun (and holster as you will see) is locked in the center console.
One appointment I left the gun locked in the console but didn't take the holster (or my retired CBP Officer's Badge) off my belt. After waiting for about 20 minutes the nurse called me back and directed me to a treatment room. Surprise there were 5-6 DoD Police waiting to greet me! The LT said: "Sir are you carrying a firearm?" I said no, it's locked in my Jeep. He also asked if I minded if they looked; so I lifted my shirt up and did a 360. No pat down. Thank you they said; apparently someone saw my holster and called Security on me! No problem - they were quite professional about it and apologized.

Latest posts