NM Vaquero vs. OM Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rclark

Hunter
I find OM Vaqueros and even birdshead OM Vaqueros
<yawn> Don't know if you read the above posts thoroughly yet.... but there is no such thing as an OM Vaquero.... Just Vaquero and New Vaquero..... The Vaquero may be called old Vaquero but never Old Model Vaquero as there is no such thing.....

claydoctor

Bearcat
Many thanks to the semantic nit pickers but is anyone really confused by the term old model Vaquero. It's kinda like the term democrat vs "big D democrat". I'm guessing anyone interested enough in Rugers to be on this forum, knows there once was an old model Vaquero but never an Old Model Vaquero.

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
JWhitmore44":2x3i0i3r said:
I think Piratedude was having a bit of fun. Why else would a guy that wears a scarf and frilly shirt (pirate right?) make such accusations :D

You forgot the big floppy hat...

I can see the reasoning behind the switch to sell more units because CAS shooters might buy more pairs or revolvers. They are in business to make money after all.

Im still wondering if it was partly a rabid "Buy American" fervor that drove a lot of people to not buy Ubertis. Uberti made SAAs under license for Colt for a while and still make a very nice clone.

Just because the pony whinnys with an Italian accent... ;)

Rclark

Hunter
is anyone really confused by the term old model Vaquero
Weeell, probably not ... but still wrong terminology :) . Just call it what it is..... Like standing around a circuit board and someone points to a resistor and calls it a capacitor.... We all know it is a 'resistor' because we are looking at it.... but can't let it pass, because maybe the guy meant something else.... Get the terms right, and its the end of he said, she said, confusion. That is why, back in college, we learned (at least at my school) to use the correct terms for things and, for the most part, discussions were/are more productive.