NM single six question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

texshad

Bearcat
Hey guys,
I ran across a used NM single six in a local shop. The serial number started with 66, or 68. That places it between 1979 and 1981, I believe. It says New Model on the side, and all of the lettering is white enamel/paint. Is this normal? Or did someone do it after the fact? It has the 4 5/8 barrel. They are asking $250 for it, no mag cylinder, but it does have the box. And it is in really good shape, no real turn ring or rust. One little wear spot on end of barrel, looks like holster wear. All in all looks to be a good shooter, is that a good price?

texshad

Bearcat
Thanks, would this one have the star on the bottom if it was shipped w/o the mag cylinder? Didn't think to look for that in the store.

texshad

Bearcat
Well, I went back and got the gun. It is in really good shape, can't tell as its ever been fired. Looks like most of the grease that was shipped on the gun is still there. It came in the box, with the papers and the mag cylinder. However the serial number on the side of the box (in grease pencil) is different from the one on the gun. Both cylinders are numbered to the gun. The mag one doesn't even look like it was ever mounted. All in all I think it was a good buy. What is a normal going price for these?

flatgate

Hawkeye
$350/$375 around here when considered a "used gun".

"Brand New" examples are priced right around "full retail"...

Glad you got it!

flatgate