NM Blackhawk in 45lc.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oldhway

Bearcat
I have a GP100 and Security Six as well as a 6 1/2 Blackhawk in 357 mag . I saw a beautiful 4 inch NM Blackhawk in 45LC at the shop the other day and can't get it off my mind. The price seemed fair ($319.00) since the gun was mint. I have never fired a 45LC before and am curious what this will feel like compared to my 4' GP100 .357?

Knuckles

Buckeye
It will feel like a big puffball... you'll love it, and $275 to $325 is average for those used.

Ruber

Single-Sixer
Oldhway,
Welcome, hope you enjoy the forum.

It really depends on the loads. The typical cowboy loads are very mild compared with .357 mag loads. However, ramping up to the Ruger Only loads will give quite a bit of kick in the .45. Still, that large frame and grip shape really tame that quite a bit. So even though it's a pretty powerful punch, the snap isn't as bad as you get with full power .357s in the 4" GP100 in my experience.

BearStopper

Blackhawk
With my medium sized hands I have no problem with any full power loads in any single action, even magnum loads, as it doesn't slam back into my hand but rather just seems to lift the muzzle dramatically. They are extremely fun and the heavier the load in these the funner it is for me. Some guys with thick fingers or big hands often have their middle finger slammed by the trigger guard.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
knuckles":38r4tpti said:
It will feel like a big puffball... you'll love it,

Exactly. The first time I shot my Colt SAA New Frontier .45 Colt, it was just a great time. It rotated in my hand...gently. I loved it. One of my sons now loves it.
Sonnytoo

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
I think you'll be quite pleased with a nice NM 45 Colt. THe price is very fair,, and it should shoot quite well along with the other Rugers you have. As far as how it feels shooting,, it'll be close to the 357 in how it recoils,, but it'll be a big bigger in felt recoil,, unless you shoot cowboy loads,, or "standatd" factory loads designed for other 45 colt revolvers. Now,, if you want to load it heavier,, it'll handle them as well, and the guns usually shine with heavier loads.