NM Blackhawk Grip Choices

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Eli Chaps

Bearcat
I'm wondering what everyone's take on various grip selections are?

I don't want finger grooves or rubber. I don't really have extra large hands but I am used to shooting more fat-bodied guns and find the stock grips a bit thin.

So what do you guys use?

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I use the wooden factory stocks on most of my guns. However,, when the new plastic stocks came out on guns with the infernal lock system,, I made my own wooded ones. They fit my hands quite well.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
All mine have wooden ones of the original profile. Plenty of makers of grips having slightly different profiles.

Eli Chaps

Bearcat
Thanks all.

PvtShultz, nice site and work. I may just be contacting you after the new year.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
If mine aren't factory, they're certainly factory profile either our own 41magnum or Klamath River Woodwork.

mraywi

Single-Sixer
That is a class act putting others links for a fellow along with his own!!! Pvtschultz will put you on my list along with mag41 when I want ruger wood!! Take care,Marvin

J Miller

Blackhawk
All my single actions have the factory or factory equivalent custom grips. There is such a thing as "too fat" single action grips. To me even Rugers XR3-RED grip panels are a bit too fat. I much prefer the original XR3 style.

Joe

jerry b

Bearcat
In the commercial offerings, Hogue makes a SA stock I like. They are a tad thicker at the top than the factory stocks and interesting woods can be had. I like the way they feel on a BH.