Nitre blue pins

Help Support Ruger Forum:

delleighmy

Bearcat
Has anyone ever replaced the pins on your new model blackhawk and replaced them with nitre blued screws or pins? If so would like to see a pic of your gun. I have seen this done on both blued and nickel plated guns and really liked the look.

pisgah

Buckeye
Never done it on a Ruger, but I've nitre-blued many screws and pins on many guns. It's a good-looking, durable, and easy finish to do.

Boge

Single-Sixer
They have their place. :wink:

ColtBlueFSS004.jpg

daveinvegas

Bearcat
A secret location in the Nevada desert 70 miles so
Not only did I fire blue some parts on a SBH (this on also got a brass grip frame), I replaced most of the parts on another SBH and a BH (.30 carb) with stainless parts.

I bead blasted a couple of rings on a New Vaquero cylinder since I don't have the capability of inlaying gold rings.

I have a stainless OA that I replaced the grip frame with an OMSBH brass frame. The existing grip frame on ROA revolvers is just too small in my opinion. Besides, I like the contrast with the S.S. and brass.

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00027-2.jpg

DSC00035-1.jpg

DSC00053-1.jpg

DSC00039-1.jpg

DSC00877.jpg

I apologize for the out of focus photo but none of the in focus photos show the nitre blue parts. At least in this photo you can see the color. :) I blued all the screws, the base pin and the ejector.

Aggie01

Blackhawk
tek4260 said:
Aggie01 said:
tek4260, that is a fine looking fivegun. :)

Tis tis :D

Gonna wear it out if I keep it up. I have fired exactly 10 rounds since I got it lol

you done doubled me up. still have 45 rounds of 11.1 gn Herco under a 325 here in a box.

TINCANBANDIT

Single-Sixer
resurrecting a dead thread here

see the whole write up here: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2014/09/ruger-vaquero-upgrades.html

I just picked up another original Vaquero in .357

I have plans to install:
nitre blued slotted pins from the Smith Shop
nitre blued base pin
Brass Bird's head grip frame
New Vaquero crescent ejector
put a "black powder chamfer" on the cylinder

varminter22

Single-Sixer
Pins are a bit pale, and don't show up so great in the pic; am thinking about having them nitre blued again.