Night sights SR9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I,m sure this has come up before but i haven,t seen it. Does anybody make night sights for the SR9.A friend handed me his 1911 with a front green sight and I thought it was great it helped me center the target better at 52 years young my eyes are not so good and with progressive glasses this sight was great thanks,dusterman

kingalls

Bearcat
Don't know of any night sights for the SR9 but I did install a HiViz green front sight on my SR9. It really helps.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
i just ordered a HiViz sight for my SR9 also i ordered a viridian laser.
i want to say i saw some night sights though but i don't remember where i saw them......

Veridian Laser-Now THAT'S a Night Sight! I think you'll be very impressed with it. It really lights up on a night target. Try it in the dark in your bedroom (empty gun of course). Not bad in daylight either. It's always on my SR9 in the bedroom when I'm not carrying.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
Im actually getting it for Christmas from my gma, i told her about the half off deal and she said if you want it get it ordered, i opend the box when i got it tried it out, and it worked great!!!!!! amazing fits the gun nicely. the worst part was talking it off and putting it back away :(

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
i have the Viridian Laser but i have had a difficult time sighitng the sucker in.
BUT!!
the main reason i am posting is that XS sight systems has a tritium sight out for the SR9:

http://xssights.com/NewProducts/index.html

look at the bottom left corner of the page

here is the main page on their "Big Dot" sights:
http://www.xssights.com/store/handgun.html

personally they are kind of big for my liking, from looking at the "big dot" on other handguns

there are other nifty sights as well...
figured i would pass it along

Snookkatcher

Bearcat
YEEEAAAAHHHH! Finally! I had a set of the Tritium Big Dot Express sights on a Glock 23, and they are AWESOME. I've never seen anything as fast short of an electronic/Dot to line up, and the Tritium elements line up like a small-case letter 'I' > ( i ), kind of like a ( two dot ) Heine 'Straight '8', but with a vertical bar rear. No confusing which dot is the front one on a typical 'three dot' setup. The large white outer band on the front sight WILL get your attention in daytime. Not made to shoot tiny stuff at hundreds of yards, so the huge dot covering something small at extended range is a non-issue... for me, at least. Thats what rifles are for!