Nicely Finished Factory Ruger Revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

saleen322

Bearcat
Years ago I came across a Blackhawk convertible 10mm and 38/40. I could not get over the polish and bluing that Ruger put on that revolver, it looked very high end. I think it was a special for Buckeye Sports. I wasn't looking for a 10mm but being a single action revolver, a rimless case is a nonissue. The big bonus was taking it to the range. Very nice to shoot and very accurate. I became an even bigger fan of 10mms owning this one. Glad I found it and it is a keeper.
38393955352_0007d98602_o.jpg
26938118989_57fe59b67f_o.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Nice.
If it's a "Buckeye" Sports model, (and it should be,) it'll have their trademark logo on the top strap, just forward of the rear sight.
The serial number range of the Buckeye's is; 611-00001 to 611-06199.
I don't recall any of the Buckeye's having a very high polish & special blueing. But we always say; "Never say never with Ruger!"

wproct

Single-Sixer
Nice revolver! And yes, this is true. Several years ago I bought a used 2015 blued steel Ruger Super Single-six revolver, had never been shot, but was used, and I was just amazed at what a nice polished royal blue finish it had. It wasn't any special or unique model, it was just one that someone at the factory decided to get carried away and do a really nice job!

What is this revolver? The cylinder is strange ! I have a 1982 single six with the 9.5 inch barrel I purchased used from a forum member on another talk forum, and the finish is polished like the examples above. The newer single six revolvers are not even close in finish quality. I bought the single six because it was made the year my son was born, and it came with box and all documentation. It appears to have been fired very little, maybe because the barrel length is not for everybody. I have a holster for it, but have never used it.

Last edited:

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Every one of the Lipsey's NM Flattop 44 Special's that I've examined, blued or stainless, have been exceptionally well fit and finished. I own three myself, and nary a one are going anywhere as long as I'm still able to fire and enjoy them.

Last edited:

wproct

Single-Sixer
Every one of the Lipsey's NM Flattop Special's that I've examined, blued or stainless, have been exceptionally well fit and finished. I own three myself, and nary a one are going anywhere as long as I'm still able to fire and enjoy them.
I think there is a lot of truth in this, I think the Distributor's exclusive models to get some extra care in fitting and finish. I have owned a number of GP100 revolvers and my Davidson's exclusive 5 inch bbl GP100 has the best action and finish of any that I have owned. I agree with BULL'S-EYE, mine is a keeper for sure.

aciera

Bearcat
Many do nice bluing if they want

Attachments

• D1E51680-A154-4F7C-8AEE-287BFC41A5F3.jpeg
    D1E51680-A154-4F7C-8AEE-287BFC41A5F3.jpeg
    548.2 KB · Views: 57