Nice pictures of stainless 5.5” Bisley needed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Onty

Single-Sixer
Thanks again to all for those wonderful pictures. Greebe, thank you for e-mail, I just noticed that it came back, didn't pay attention earlier because system put it in spam folder. Regards, Onty.

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
Here's my .44 Bisley. I can take more pics if you need them.

2998042180055011840S600x600Q85.jpg

Onty

Single-Sixer
Arokcrwlr":3e2u1m22 said:
Here's my .44 Bisley. I can take more pics if you need them...

Thank you for your very kind offer Arokcrwlr. Well, if you have time I would appreciate if you can make something like this one bellow;

Left side only so lettering could be clearly visible, perpendicular shot, barrel positioned horizontally, with just plane background.

My knowledge about photography is mediocre at the best, but I was told that daylight, but no direct sun, is the best. Next best thing is a good light in the room but no flash. Again, you who are making those photos know the best.

Some folks put wonderful photos of 45s and custom guns. Unfortunately, I have no use of them now because I am writing article about standard, factory handgun for average hunter in Europe, and those calibres are not practical for them.

They carry handguns for coup de grace. Some hunters have DA like S&W and Taurus, predominantly 357, but I am not aware of anybody carrying SA revolver. 357 bore standard DA revolver is OK, but for wild boar hunters powerful big bore has considerable edge. This became quite obvious after a number of hunters were attacked by wounded wild boars, and some hunter learned hard way that in very close proximity and/or heavy bush handgun has definite advantage over rifle or shotgun. Yes, some of those attacked told me that several shots using 357 and ball 9mm saved their skins, but all of them stated that, in their opinion, after such frightening experience more powerful handgun would be way better choice. Most of them are thinking about DA S&W or Taurus because they are know them, but they are not familiar at all with strong big bore SA revolvers like Ruger NM, that in my SA "biased mind", handles way better than any big bore DA. Since only available high power ammo for big bore revolvers over there is 44 Magnum, I am going to recommend stainless SBH and Bisley in that caliber and barrel length 5.5". I already have nice picture of 44 SBH, but not of 44 Bisley in that barrel length so I asked for your help.

Please do not put such wonderful revolver on rocks; I am getting paranoid when seeing something like that, no matter how careful you must be while doing that.

Acusport_45.JPG

BTW this one is 45, posted by Lee Martin, but I need a picture of 44.

Thanks again, Onty.

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
I will play with the camera tonight to see if I can get some good pics as requested.

Notice the carefully placed leaves in the rock pic - yes, I was a bit nervous as well. :)

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
I was going through the forum and realized that I completely forgot to take the pics that I said I would. Here's a few shots - they didn't turn out as good as I hoped, but this is about as good as I can do with my camera and no tripod. Let me know if you want the files and I'll send them to you.

2866720090055011840S600x600Q85.jpg

2566973440055011840S600x600Q85.jpg

2437869030055011840S600x600Q85.jpg

Onty

Single-Sixer
Arokcrwlr, thank you so much for excellent pictures. I would appreciate if you can send me by e-mail those showing whole revolver. My e-mail is [email protected] .

Please, do not reduce file by going from large (in numbers) resolution to smaller one since that will reduce picture sharpness. If files are very large you can reduce their size by removing excessive area around revolver, leaving just small amount around revolver contour. Apparently, carpet texture can increase file size considerably. Do not worry about unsightly appearance of the picture when some areas of the carpet background are removed, I will clean (edit) everything right to the revolver's lines so whatever you see as a carpet background it will be plain white.

Many, many thanks again. Onty.