NICE ELK!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Idaho's archery season started yesterday (sunday) & the local boys keep a pretty close watch on them the last 2 weeks leading up to the opener. This nice bull was taken early the first morning by a friend of mine, he's probably taken 25 elk with his bow.

100_2165.jpg

100_2167.jpg

Dick

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
Very nice the only way I tghink I could get elk around here is to go to the zoo. I think they might frown on that. Steve

contender

Ruger Guru
AAAARRRGGGGGGGGGG!
Our elk haven't started bugling yet,, but soon they will be and we have a trip planned in a few weeks to visit them with our RMEF chapter after a cookout,,!
Tell your friend "congrats" for me!

LTB45

Bearcat
Must have been a really big arrow!!!!
It cut the head right off the Elk!!!!!

LOL!!!!

Nice rack!!!!

sixshot

Buckeye
Well, today was the second day of archery & a friend & I decided to go for a little drive, still trying to find him a badger. We didn't expect to see much "big" game but we saw 5 deer & a nice bull elk, he was walking down an old fence line, there were 2-3 bow camps close by. They were probably all in camp tanking up on the group tightner! :wink:

Dick

Knuckles

Buckeye
He don't seem so great to me.........................he ain't got no body! :p

100_2167.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
So true about those folks in camp & their "group tightener." When I go hunting,, I go to HUNT. All day,, every day I can. And unless the weather forces a wait,, I'll be out in rain,, snow etc as I love it.
Wish I was there,,,,,! I'd love to be stalking & hunting a bull with my bow,,,!

TDF

Single-Sixer
woodpile":v3vq30go said:
Very nice the only way I tghink I could get elk around here is to go to the zoo. I think they might frown on that. Steve

You can hunt them in your state just got to drive to the other end of it. Probably only a 9 hour drive or so.

TDF

Jman8182

Bearcat
A couple years ago, someone killed a Elk in June/July in Southern Illinois. He kept it and reported it. In Illinois, the are no hunting regulations for elk. He got to keep it with no problems. They assumed it was an escaped elk from an elk farm. They were never able to figure out where it came from.

Pete

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Understand there are some Elk in and around Cades Cove in east Tennessee. Hope we get a chance to see one next month!
Ya know, trying to mount every nice elk he has taken would get kinda expensive, but might be a gripmaker interested in those antlers! :!: :roll:
Tell yer friend a big congrats from us!