NIB GOV'T MARK II .22LR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

warren5421

Single-Sixer
Was visiting my brother over the weekend and he pulled a new Gov"t Mark II out of his safe that he picked up 7/29/89 for $233.11. After some BSing he sold it to me for $250. My arm is now in a cast as I broke it getting my money out.

It has all paper work and factory target signed RD. The shipping sleeve is stamped with:
MK-678G
GOV'T MARK II .22LR
TARGET PTL 6 7/8" BULL

Serial Number is marked on with felt tip marker. 210-45525

Ruger Box is marked:
MARK II GOV'T TARGET MODEL
.22 LONG RIFLE
Catalog No. MK-678G 6 7/8" Bull Bbl.
STURM, RUGER & COMPANY, INC., SOUTHPORT, CONN. U.S.A.

It is not unfired now as I had to shoot it when I got home. From the bench it made one hole about the size of a nickel at 50 ft. Barn isn't long enough to shoot any farther.

REP1954

Blackhawk
Nice gun, nice deal, and nice brother. Deals like that dont happen every day. Now get busy with that good arm and take some pictures.

Coop

Blackhawk
Fabulous Deal. You'll love it.

My first firearm I ever owned was a Ruger Gov't Target model purchased new in January of 1995. Still have it, still shoot it. It has an AimTec Grip scope mount with a BSA Red Dot sight on it. Still shoots sub 3/4 " groups offhand at 10 meters. It has over 10,000 rounds thru it.

Coop

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
worthless-1.gif

I don't know about worthless...

I was thinking that one round he shot must have been tumbling at 50ft to make a hole the size of a nickel... then I realized he must have shot more than once... how many rounds?

Also, what makes a government model different from a regular factory MK II, besides the stamp on it?

would like a picture though.

warren5421

Single-Sixer
No pictures for now as camera fell in the washer, didn't make it work any more. For the groups I shot 10 rounds off of bench rest, no wind, good lighting slow fire. Have to do something about the trigger, smooth but pull is heavy with a clean break.

DUNTOV

Single-Sixer
blume357":1g7xzgvf said:
I don't know about worthless...

I was thinking that one round he shot must have been tumbling at 50ft to make a hole the size of a nickel... then I realized he must have shot more than once... how many rounds?

Also, what makes a government model different from a regular factory MK II, besides the stamp on it?

would like a picture though.
Difference is
1 in 15" barrel twist, reg. ruger has 1 in 16"
Factory test fired for accuracy, target included, same gun govt. used for training

martyj

Blackhawk
Good for you and what a deal. Ive been looking for one for months and always just a little late.
If I were you Id visit him more often.

Latest posts