NFL teams that backed Goodell, not faring so well.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

737tdi

Hunter
To start, I do not dislike Brady or the Patriots. They are a great organization. With that said there is no doubt that they cheated. If you don't want to get caught cheating or doing a crime etc. then don't do it. Did it help them win, I don't know but it doesn't matter, they cheated.

Bill B. has brought all of this attention on himself and his team. Whether it be deflategate or spying it is cheating. I will never believe that Tom Brady did not know that the balls were underinflated. He has played the game his entire life and has held a football hundreds of thousands of times. JMO.

Karl

To me all the ball games pay people WAY TOO MUCH MONEY. I really don't care if the balls were inflated/ deflated. Did anyone die? Was anyone injured? Much ado about nothing, BUT AIR? Really?
gramps

737tdi

Hunter
I would bet you that if the Cowboys were caught cheating on the 5th week of this season and they won your attitude would be different. Everyone sees what they want to see in the own light that wish to see it in. Did you defend the Saints when bounty gate happened?

As for the air pressure in a football I could really care less but they were intentionally altered which is cheating. Whether it helped or not is irrelevant. I look at it this way, whether we like it or not athletes and professional sports teams are idols to kids. What message does the acceptance of cheating (in any sport) do for a parent trying to teach their children morals?

I'm out on this one because it doesn't matter what the truth is, just that the judge through out the case.

Karl

wolfsong

Staff member
To those who are blinded by provincial loyalty or are simply naive, here's a newsflash: virtually every team in the NFL has cheated. That's right, e-v-e-r-y team. If you can get past your dislike for this team or that team long enough to do a simple web search you will assuredly find this to be well substantiated and documented.

Some here comment about men being obscenely paid to play a child's game, but at the same time they stick their fingers in their ears and shut their eyes like children on a playground. I'll take the athletes and their games over biased and ignorant fans anybday of the week.

wizofwas

Buckeye
Sniff, no one even mentions my poor old Pontiac Pussycats and all of their cheating. But maybe that's because they never win anyway. Although I do have to say that they are off to a great start this year, :) :) 0-2!!!!! Are they going to be able to go 0-16 this year? One can only hope that they can do it again. I love it when they get the first pick in the draft and an easy schedule. After all the Birmingham School for the Blind and the Royal Oak Brownies are not easy teams to beat.

eveled

Hunter
I don't care about football in the least. I consider myself to be completely unbiased. It was obvious to me that the deflate gate was a witch hunt from the start. Deserving a wrist slap warning if anything. If the pressure was that big of a deal the league should have had a better process to police it. It was only a big deal when they could use it against the Patriots.

The punishment was way way too severe, considering that the leagues hired gun wrote a report that didn't prove anything.

I think Goodell had a lot of nerve to talk about the integrity of the leauge.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
YOU GUYS ARE JUST ENVIOUS that your salary per week does not match Goodells,, a bit over $1,000,000 per week, or $55,000,000 a year.
Brady has been a bum since he was in Michigan after being rejectted by EVERY west coast football team.
And so it goes...

powder smoke

Hawkeye
WIL TERRY said:
YOU GUYS ARE JUST ENVIOUS that your salary per week does not match Goodells,, a bit over $1,000,000 per week, or $55,000,000 a year.
Brady has been a bum since he was in Michigan after being rejectted by EVERY west coast football team.
And so it goes...

All the more reason to support Brady lets just say the left coast doesn't impress me a single bit.
The politics and bowing to special interest I do not find that special at all.
Lets not even talk guns and liberty, holy cow, I'll stay away they can have it all. ps

wolfsong

Staff member
WIL TERRY said:
And so it goes...
Yeah, but Brady is a very successful bum who will one day be enshrined in the Hall of Fame...

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
YES, YOU ARE RIGHT, there are many many highly successful and wealthy bums, but they always be known forevermore as lowlife wealthy bums.

And so it goes...

TinkerDave

Single-Sixer
TitanX said:
cas said:
Do you have posters of Tommy on your bedroom wall? He's dreamy.

Do you have 'those' tendencies?

Why do so many who hate Brady, see him in those terms?

Hmmm.

I'm a huge fan of the Patriots, and football in general.

I can't help the fact that you find Tom attractive.

Mr. Brady is a known to be a liar & a cheat and a very poor role model for our youth. There are others who are worse, but he is better known.

I will never understand why anyone would support a system that promotes the things that porfessional sports does. The win-at-all-costs attitude that is the cornerstone of sports, when translated to daily life and taked to extremes is one of the factors that is destroying our society and yet people are still happy to pony up the kinds of money they do to be a part of it all. What a waste. TD

buckeyeshooter

Blackhawk
TitanX said:
Whether it's Karma or just plain old bad luck, the teams at the center of deflate gate, and those vocally supportive of Goodell, haven't fared well through the first two weeks.

The Ravens and Colts look miserable at 0-2.

The Texans are 0-2, Giants are 0-2.

Dallas is 2-0, but has lost both Dez Bryant and Tony Romo.

The Patriots with fully inflated footballs, stand at 2-0, having put up 68 points to-date, against Rex Ryan's Bills, and the Steelers.

Perhaps, just perhaps, talent, coaching and preparation have more to do with success, than the pressure in the footballs.
Or Belichek has found a new way to cheat! Sorry, really don't like the guy. He was terrible in Cleveland. Only coach I ever saw who got the cheer by the home crowd.... " Belichek Sucks!" Every home game!

powder smoke

Hawkeye
Brady and Belechek's only problem is the jealousy of the other teams
and NFL management. What Kraft and his organization have accomplished
since acquiring the Patriots is unequaled. ps

black029

Single-Sixer
Well, Mr Roethlisberger threw for 369 yards, but needed only 27 attempts (21-27) to get that amount.

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
The players as a whole backed Brady, because he is one of them and a victory for him meant more power being shifted to the players association. The NFL owners backed Goodell, or in a more direct sense - they as his bosses directed him to pursue this and punish them because of the perception that Goodell has taken it easy on Kraft and the Patriots previously. That coupled with the perception that the Patriots under Belichck continued to push the envelope and cheat despite the previous discipline.
There were no "teams" that backed Goodell and the sides were pretty well delineated. The thing is at this point it seems the rest of the NFL it's continuing as normal while the fans in New England continue to bring up the cheating.

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
TitanX said:
black029 said:
Well, Mr Roethlisberger threw for 369 yards, but needed only 27 attempts (21-27) to get that amount.

...and he didn't crush the NFL in a federal appeals case.

I know it's the newest in a long line of conspiracies from the New England area but lets look at this.
Roethlisberger's completion percentage was 77% to Brady's 64%. Neither is shabby but obviously Roethlisberger had a much more efficient game.

Roethlisberger has a YPA average of 13.6
Brady had a YPA average of 7.8
Again distinct advantage Roethlisberger

Each had 3 TD passes, however Roethlisberger was 2/2 on 2 point conversions, both successful completions.
Brady lost in the TO battle as he has a lost fumble while Roethlisberger had an absolutely clean game with no TO's and no sacks.

Roethlisberger had a phenomonal deep game connecting on 4 of 5 passes 40+ yards downfield.
Brady has the edge as he faced the better defense, at least at this point of the season and higher passing yards. The rest is a clear advantage to Roethlisberger. Again I realize this is the latest "The NFL hates us" conspiracy from the great Northwest, but when you look at the stats and even consider the fact the Roethlisberger played from the no-huddle most of the game and called all the plays, it's easier to see why it went to Ben this week.

black029

Single-Sixer
Actually, who at this point knows which is the better defense?
Titan, you really need to lighten up on this fanboy stance :)

pete44ru

Hunter

FWIW, it looks like the "innocent until proven guilty" is fast becoming a fantasy in the USA, as time goes on.

I don't know about anyone else, but I (for one) am getting pretty tired of seeing folks having to prove their innocence, just because of what someone else thinks they know............................

Give it a rest.

Latest posts