next flat top?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
First they brought back the mid-framed flat top, then the 50th Ann .44 mag as a flat top and now the .41 chambering in the non-bumped model. Think we'll see more offerings on either of these frames?

bigbore45colt

Hunter
I'm hearing from a reliable source it's a stainless steel 44 special due out hopefully before the end of the year...probably early next year.

BB45C

BlkHawk73

Hunter
bigbore45colt":zwwnkeq4 said:
I'm hearing from a reliable source it's a stainless steel 44 special due out hopefully before the end of the year...probably early next year.

BB45C

Ok, I'll bite. Mine'll get Bisley-ized though - gauranteed. :)

c.r.

Single-Sixer
"non-bumped" is referring to the new model flattops....i.e. the 50th anniv 44 mag.

.41 is referring to the 41 magnum cartridge

Lee Martin

Hunter
bigbore45colt":1jmidkji said:
I'm hearing from a reliable source it's a stainless steel 44 special due out hopefully before the end of the year...probably early next year.BB45C

I'd love to see a stainless version. Always wanted to build a 38-40 flattop, but prefer working with stainless.

Rclark

Hunter
I just can't see a 'flattop' .41 being popular. Understand, it is on the .44mag flattop frame too. I'd rather buy the BlackHawk .41 if I was in the market for the caliber as it has the protected ears and slightly bigger grip. Only reason I bought the .357 and .44 50ths is because I wanted a 'flat top' that had some historical background to them. Well, the .357 is on a slightly smaller frame which is nice too (but still weighs more than my NM BH .357). Otherwise the SBH and BH do just fine.... Even the .44 Special on the medium frame has some historical support as it was what everyone was expecting in '55 to come next after the .357.... but Ruger never did.... because the .44mag overshadowed it. So where does the .41 fit in to this :) . It doesn't.... But that's my opinion :) . Checking the above link, there are a few people buying it....

hell, I'd be tickled if they made either the 357 OR the .44 mag in stainless AND a flat top strap, AND with a LONGER barrel...that would be the cats meow...what say yee, oh 'Radical' One....... :roll: