Newsmax ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

caryc

Hawkeye
Anybody else here watch Newsmax? It's my favorite news channel. It is very Republican.

Direct TV canceled Newsmax from their channel lineup last night. The only real republican news channel and they canceled it. Out of all the news channels, they chose Newsmax to get rid of. Anyone else PO'd over this?

txramfan

Single-Sixer
That link gives incorrect information, by claiming News max was cancelled.
Contracts end and channels are dropped , Frontier who I use , has dropped channels over the years because they couldn't reach a mutually agreeable contract.

caryc

Hawkeye
Just another deplatforming of a conservative news outlet.

I watch it online, newsmaxtv.com
I'm not going to sit in front of a computer monitor to watch it. I have a TCL Roku TV so I can still get Newsmax on that. It's just a little more trouble to go to Newsmax than it is to just click on the Newsmax channel on the direct tv menu. I usually like to switch back and forth on channels to see what else is on. That's just too much trouble to do now.

dannyd

Blackhawk
Their on Rumble also. Gave up Direct TV about 10 years ago, but still have the dish on the roof. Only one salesman has ever noticed that it had no wires running to it. All the rest of the salesman, I would just point and they leave me alone. :)

hittman

Staff member
You quoted yourself in post 7.
Which makes me wonder who so many here use quote and not just reply thats at the bottom of the page but, thats a different topic for a different day.
We’re all getting older. :ROFLMAO:

Hell, I didn’t even know Newsmax was a tv show. Thought it was just an on line thingy like Breitbart or others.

Dan in MI

Staff member
Newsmax started out swearing it was neutral and only used no name anchors. I’ll agree that neutral looks conservative. (That may just be clue how far the left has gone) but now I see name anchors:reporters and many are canned lefties.

Is it still all they promised?

caryc

Hawkeye
You quoted yourself in post 7.
Which makes me wonder who so many here use quote and not just reply thats at the bottom of the page but, thats a different topic for a different day.
We’re all getting older. :ROFLMAO:

Hell, I didn’t even know Newsmax was a tv show. Thought it was just an on line thingy like Breitbart or others.
OK, now I see it. Obviously, I meant to edit not quote.

Maybe you should watch a few episodes of Newsmax and see what it is. That is unless you're a democrat.

KIR

Blackhawk
If one has a smart TV you can get Newsmax or any other online streaming channel as the TV's have their own wi-fi or if you have an up to date computer with an HDMI, one can hook up a cable to the TV and watch anything you get on your putor, on your TV. Isn't science wonderful? :ROFLMAO: Don't get the so called expensive 'gold' HDMI cable as the cheap ones work the same.

hittman

Staff member
Maybe you should watch a few episodes of Newsmax and see what it is.
It’s not on my cable service here, never has been that I know of.
All I’ve heard about it is when somebody posts a link here to an internet story.

99% of my TV watching has me on Motor Trend, Animal Planet, BBC America, History, Discovery, AMC, UP, TV Land and some Sportsman Channel.