Newby with a Tip

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lance0812

Bearcat
I've been a member for about a month, hanging out on the rifle side of the forum while I learn the ins and outs of my new mini-14. But in a few days I'll be picking up an LCP and so thought I'd share a tip by way of coming aboard here.
Last December, my grandson bought me a multi-purpose tool from Cabela's - you know the kind I mean. The ones that look like the product of an unholy relationship between a set of needle-nose pliers and a Swiss army knife.
Anyway, this rig comes with a nice little nylon belt case - like those made for pocket knives - and the multitool will not fit - no way, no how.
However, I just returned from a gun show where I picked up an extra mag for my LCP - Ruger brand, with finger extension - and it fits perfectly in the otherwise useless case.

FWIW, several LCPs on display at the show, with prices ranging from $319.00 - the price I'll be paying at Cabela's before I spring my coupons on them - to $349.00. One was marked $389.00, but could have been the kit that contains two mags and a padded gun rug.

Yep Lance, I usually have 'two' Gerber tools on my belt. Everyonce and a while someone ask about me having two knives. The pouch for a Gerber multi tool not only works for the tool but will hold a magazine up to the P95 size.