New22/45 RP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Charger22

Bearcat
Because they saw us all doing it.... That is my next mod. Maybe those ruger grips will be the grips I put on my gun.

snakespit

Bearcat
I have this

10120.jpg

I want that dam grip :twisted:

10140.jpg

I love it!!!

mattsbox99

Hunter
Its a very slick looking 22/45, probably the best looking one I've ever seen... I've got a couple of slick regular MKIIIs.

Lets just hope they were making a 22/45 to go with their new 1911 at the SHOT Show... :)

Flash

Buckeye
Charger22":19r6j718 said:
Because they saw us all doing it.
If that's the case, I can't wait for them to do away with the banner, go back to the original grips for the GP and SP and use wooden panels and bring back the brass grip frame. :lol:

jhearne

Buckeye
Looks like Hex to me.

I've been wanting to get a 22/45 recently, and this certainly gets me wanting one more than ever. I'd probably screw up the grip mod putting my own panels on.

I also have to think that now Ruger will be introducing a 1911 sometime soon.

Josh

Charger22

Bearcat
Look at the site they are replacable just like the mods many people are doig to the 22/45's. Think this was a great idea from them and proves that they do listen and watch what we are doing. Can't wait to buy the grips with the logo and then mod my onw pistol to fit the.

Time to polish the Dremel!!

Ruger homepage indicates $45 premium over "suggested retail" of the "standard" model.

Considering the amount of work involved in "modding" a standard gun, this would be quite attractive, depending on what the actual "street price" will be . . . unless you just like working on guns yourself.

;)

22/45 Fan

Hunter
There is a retrofit that doesn't require nearly as much work. A guy named Dominic Notaro ([email protected]) makes aftermarket grips for both Mk II and Mk III versions of the 22/45 that align over the grooves in the factory grip and fasten with standard 1911 grip screws. They cost $12 to $17 and are available in a wide variety of textures and even colors.

He posts at RimfireCentral.com in the 22/45 forum under the name "Tech Teach" and here is a loooong thread discussing the development of these grips. Read it all if you are interested:

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showth ... p?t=273560

The installation is extremely easy and there is even a Youtube clip showing how to do it. Search on "Ruger 22/45 Aftermarket Grips". I put a set of his black rubberized ones on my 22/45 MkII and the grips make the gun feel much more substantial. They are actually slightly wider than a real 1911 with wood grip panels.