New Website

Help Support Ruger Forum:

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I have decided to ramp up the self unemployment gig... Now that my body has just up and decided that it doesn't want to do the things I've been doing to earn a living...
Seriously they would make Mike Rowe cringe....
I have decided to build a new website and start offering things very soon. I'm only really waiting on what to call it.. I just can't decide on a name. I'd like it integrate the video, leather, and other aspects, but it doesn't look like that will be possible with just one site.. so there may be be several tied together with links...
It will some leather stuff, (no holsters), mostly sheaths, pouches, axe covers, and outdoorsy stuff. Cordura and nylon items, As well as products that I'm designing and selling, but not building. Most everything is american made, although I can not vouch for 100% of the materials. I will have to ship, part of the year, at least through a fullfillment company, (amazon??)... It will still be my site however....
If anyone is interested in knowing more just PM (start conversation I guess)... and I can fill you in...
I need to become a supporting member before I can go much further on the forum. Since my computer does not always load pages properly I was unaware of that option....

I may begin with a knife sheath design that is somewhat universal. I came up with the idea, then just let it go... I recently bought a knife and low and behold!! It came with a sheath, that was nearly my idea!!.... Oh well.... mine will be of leather.. (for now)... again... contact me for details.....

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
I'd like it integrate the video, leather, and other aspects, but it doesn't look like that will be possible with just one site.. so there may be be several tied together with links...
Take a look at mine.
May not be what you want, but I have multiple subjects in one site. (w0ipl.net)

Mine is not fancy, just simple and easy to maintain.
I use 1and1 as the server (lower cost).

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I took a peek at your website... Very clean!!.... But I'll need something a bit flashier for a commerce site... I'm going to go with Squarespace.....
I had a site with GoDaddy and it sucked... So I'm gonna give this web host a try..
I'm still having issues with naming it tho.... Hopefully by the end of this month...
Thanks for the support.. By back, especially.... thanks you...

Reuben:
Good luck with the e-commerce website. I can imagine Hand crafted goods from Alaska would be an easy sell.

I know I could use a couple knife sheaths at least.

Please let us know when you get it all set up.

BROKENBEAR

Single-Sixer
MtnMan Trail n Camp
MtnMan Trading Co
MtnMan Camp n Trail
MtnMan PX
NorthWest Traders
NorthWest Supply
FarNorth Possibles
FarNorth Trail Goods
Trails Supply
Trails Trading Post
Trails North Trading Co
New Trails Supply

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
Holy smokes!!.. (oops.. slang?)...
I worked all day, and came up with 2!! :) or is it... two?? I get confused..
I am going to put up a poll, with these and others. I will post it here and on a group of my childhood friends.. (all 90 of us)...
Perhaps we'll just do some elimination rounds... ;)

Y.A. I did used to make a single mag pouch.. It was not very popularr.. Seems everbody wanted to go hunting with a basic combat load, rather than just an extra mag.. I am planning on a re-do of that item however.. just because I liked it!!

Kevin.. Are you interested in a tradional sheath style, or are you willing to look at this new fangled design I'm working on..
As soon as I make sure all the kinks are worked out of my lather stitcher, I'm gonna rustle up some cow hide...

One note.... It might be a slow process as I am going to have to deal with a leather vendor from down south... Tandy turned into a joke years ago.. Their quality was non existant... I am going to try and manage an order through "Weaver Leather". They do require a minimum of $500 order however.... (ouch)..

But I will be in touch..

p.s. I am also going to be working with cordura, and Elastic...
And I will be looking for guinea pigs to test the stuff, until it is a final product...

ciao ya'll

Latest posts