New Variations noticed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
At the Des Moines gun show this weekend I noticed a couple things.
For Bearcat collectors, it appears Ruger started stamping the serial number in the normal position again (on the right side of the frame under the cylinder window) instead of on the butt of the gun. I suppose Ruger started doing this when they began numbering the Shopkeepers in that position? But they are a different variation than the old SBC4 and KSBC4 because these new guns have the 4.2" barrel. The gun I saw at Des Moines was in the 93-60xxx range. Can anybody help with other serial numbers so we can pinpoint a change from bottom of the grip to the frame?

Also, I noticed the new Ruger American Rimfire rifles have two different boxes. Some have blue stars on the box and some have red stars. But the most interesting difference is that some of the boxes are marked "RUGER AMERICAN RIFLE" on the lid instead of the rimfire trademark "RUGER AMERICAN RIMFIRE". I imagine those that are marked "RUGER AMERICAN RIFLE" are printing errors. Note that the Rimfire boxes are also much wider than the centerfire American boxes, so it isn't a case of Ruger just using Centerfire rifle boxes for these rimfire guns.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Blackhawk30 said:
Maybe the blue and red stars are caliber specific?

Don't think so....There's an auction coming up with a .22 Mag. and .22 LR, each in the same type box (blue stars) with "RUGER AMERICAN RIFLE" printed on it.
Chet15

Latest posts