New Vaquero 45LC/45ACP Anyone had experience with these?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Muddy Creek

Bearcat
Anyone have a New Vaquero 45LC/45ACP in their possession?
How well do they shoot? Is the 45ACP as accurate as the LC or not?

I have a 5 1/2 stainless engraved Vaquero and a stainless 1911 Colt.
I'd like to keep the wear down on the engraved Vaquero and enjoy shooting a new Vaquero with cheaper ACP ammo.

But if these guns are problematic or have other issues I don't want to go that route. I looked at the Vaquero Convertibles several years ago but I didn't like the size and feel of the older bigger Vaquero's, so I didn't pursue it then. Seems like the new ones and the old ones were Davidson Exclusives.

Dale53

Blackhawk
I don't really "have a dog in this fight", but I DO have both a Vaquero .45 Colt and a SS Bisley .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible. Having two cylinders for a revolver with fixed sights does NOT sound like a good idea to me. I have had EXCELLENT results with both the Vaquero AND the Convertible but the convertible REQUIRES adjustable sights for the various bullet weights to hit the point of aim.

A two cylindered New Vaquero can be regulated for one or the other but it is quite doubtful that it could be regulated for both calibers.

FWIW
Dale53

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
I added a 45 acp cylinder to my Vaquero (birds head with 3 3/4 barrel). I shoot 270gr out of the colt and 230gr out of the acp and they are accurate enough for knocking down bowling pins at 25 yards. Maybe some day I'll see what the actual difference is but I'm not really concerned as the reason I got the gun was for fun plinking and self defense.