New toy!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Just picked up a new toy. Got a 4 5/8 in bbl NM Single Six Magnum. Serial number places it as a 1978 model. I do not know if it originally was a 'convertible' or not since it only came with a magnum cylinder. It appears to be never fired. The best part was the price. $318.00 shipped to my local FFL dealer from Guns International.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Ruger pretty much stopped selling "Magnum Only" guns in the early '60's. Your New Model Single-Six was most likely shipped as a convertible.

If you get the measurements of your "Mag" cylinder and start shopping you'll likely find a .22 LR cylinder..... :D

flatgate

flatgate":3cl13xb7 said:
Ruger pretty much stopped selling "Magnum Only" guns in the early '60's. Your New Model Single-Six was most likely shipped as a convertible.

If you get the measurements of your "Mag" cylinder and start shopping you'll likely find a .22 LR cylinder..... :D

flatgate

My OMSS is a Magnum (checked through the serial number) and I found a .22 LR cylinder for it, but it has about a 0.002 gap at the forward bushing.

I assume by "get the measurements" you mean the overall length from the bushing to the aft end of the cylinder.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok, I'm confused.
You mentioned a NM (New Model) Single-Six Magnum in your first post. You place it's manufacture in 1978,, approximately 5 years AFTER the OM's are all gone. When Flategate mentions the fact that the Magnum ONLY Single-Sixes were stopped in the 1960's,, you came back about an Old Model in your second post.
Which gun are we talking about here? One gun? Two different ones?

If you have a NM, and it only came with the 22 Mag cylinder,, it's a safe bet it HAD a 22 LR cylinder when it left Ruger.
If you have a OM Single-Six with the markings on the mainframe as "22 Magnum" then it USUALLY didn't come with an extra 22 LR cylinder.
Help me clear up my confusion.

contender":3o1gq0it said:
Ok, I'm confused.
You mentioned a NM (New Model) Single-Six Magnum in your first post. You place it's manufacture in 1978,, approximately 5 years AFTER the OM's are all gone. When Flategate mentions the fact that the Magnum ONLY Single-Sixes were stopped in the 1960's,, you came back about an Old Model in your second post.
Which gun are we talking about here? One gun? Two different ones?

If you have a NM, and it only came with the 22 Mag cylinder,, it's a safe bet it HAD a 22 LR cylinder when it left Ruger.
If you have a OM Single-Six with the markings on the mainframe as "22 Magnum" then it USUALLY didn't come with an extra 22 LR cylinder.
Help me clear up my confusion.
I said i just purchased an NMSS. Flatgate stated that it probably was a convertible and I just didn't have the .22LR cylinder. I understand what he was saying. I then mentioned that my OMSS was a Magnum only. I am speaking of two different revolvers. Sorry you didn't follow the line of discussion.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok,, thanks!
I have a few of the magnum only 22's myself,, but I was just a bit confused as to your replys etc. no biggie!