New Toy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

street

Hunter
Yea! How about the cheap poorly made, probably only cost a few cents, RUGER GREEN WREATH LIGHTWEIGHT BOX" that sold for $2000.00 on Ebay. If you think those grips are cheap and poorly made, this box is a lot cheaper made then the grips. No one can predict what the prices in the future will bring and if you think that those grips will not be worth any extra in the future then by all means don't buy any. After all craig you are a shooter you are not a collector, and you don't have the mind frame to try to predict collectible prices. Just stick to your shooters and leave the prices to the collectors. The ones that know what they are talking about. :roll:

CraigC

Hawkeye
street said:
Yea! How about the cheap poorly made, probably only cost a few cents, RUGER GREEN WREATH LIGHTWEIGHT BOX" that sold for $2000.00 on Ebay. If you think those grips are cheap and poorly made, this box is a lot cheaper made then the grips. No one can predict what the prices in the future will bring and if you think that those grips will not be worth any extra in the future then by all means don't buy any. After all craig you are a shooter you are not a collector, and you don't have the mind frame to try to predict collectible prices. Just stick to your shooters and leave the prices to the collectors. The ones that know what they are talking about. :roll:
Condescension duly noted. Yes, I'm a shooter, an accumulator and a sportsman. I don't have time to worry about everything little thing being worth an extra $20 in 20yrs. I'd rather be shooting or hunting than worrying about what those trigger locks or plastic yellow discs might be worth in 50yrs. PM me your name and address. I'll let my wife know to invite you to rummage through our trash when I kick the bucket. You might be able to clear a hundred bucks on what you find. :roll:

If you were half as smart and witty as you think you are, I'd be worried.

street

Hunter
CraigC said:
street said:
Condescension duly noted. Yes, I'm a shooter, an accumulator and a sportsman. I don't have time to worry about everything little thing being worth an extra $20 in 20yrs. I'd rather be shooting or hunting than worrying about what those trigger locks or plastic yellow discs might be worth in 50yrs. PM me your name and address. I'll let my wife know to invite you to rummage through our trash when I kick the bucket. You might be able to clear a hundred bucks on what you find. :roll:

If you were half as smart and witty as you think you are, I'd be worried.
Sorry but all of your stuff has been modified, which to me being a collector makes it worthless. But you shouldn't worry there are more shooter then collectors and your wife should have no problem selling your stuff. Sad to say but she probably won't get what you paid for the modifications but they served you well when you was alive and after all that all that matters. Right!!!

You always have to get your little cut in at the last don't you, so I won't disappoint you, as I will do the same. He goes: As for how smart or witty I think I am how about you telling me and I will say if you are half right, a third right or one forth right. And you might surprise everyone and be 100% right. I'm sure it will be less then 50% as it would worry you if I was 50% 8) .

CraigC

Hawkeye
street said:
Sorry but all of your stuff has been modified, which to me being a collector makes it worthless.
I guess you weren't smart enough to figure out that I might have a boxful of take-off parts, including a bunch of factory grips, huh? I wasn't inviting you to buy my guns. I was inviting you to rifle through the old crap that I've already discarded. And you really think you know something about "all my stuff"???

street said:
Sad to say but she probably won't get what you paid for the modifications...
Too bad you don't have a clue what you're talking about. If you did, you'd notice that folks aren't exactly losing any money on custom guns these days. Maybe you should stick to what you know? :roll:

street said:
.....but they served you well when you was alive and after all that all that matters. Right!!!
That's right! There won't be any plain Jane factory Rugers that lingered in cardboard boxes for 20yrs in the hopes that they might be worth another hundred bucks.