new to meP95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

s4s4u

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
http://www.slickguns.com
Bunch of Sigs, Glocks, CZ/Witness/Tristar, etc. All for the 300-400 range.

None of them discontinued models.

You can even land a Sig P226 for 450.

Not all are "better", sorry.

They are "common designs" still manufactured, with with reliability and accuracy that is documented as greater than a Ruger P Series.

I'm admitting that my opinion means nothing here. Just sharing.

s4s4u

Hunter
Dunno about that. I bought my daughter a P95 for her house gun when she moved out. We have run 1000's of rounds through that gun and it has not failed once.

If the Ruger P-series was so great, Ruger wouldn't have canned it and made the SR series. Which, if that's even better is debatable. lol

Again, my opinion means nothing here. Just presenting thoughts.

But what do I know? I loved the Taurus PT9XX series and Taurus canned them, in favor of a design that is now on RECALL. Yes I gave all my Taurus guns to friends and family. Wouldn't hesitate to own another Raging Bull 5 inch 5 shot .454.

Proven designs, exhibiting superior reliability and accuracy, designs that are often copied (you can still get parts for them relatively easy) I'm not saying to go buy a 1911. I'm actually NOT a big fan. Again, proven designs are what to look for when purchasing a pistol with your hard earned $$$

I love Rugers, I have a pretty decent size collection. Just none of their Semi-autos pistols.

I enjoy the superior quality and performance exhibited by their revolvers and rifles, why can't they build their semi-auto pistol line based on the same idea? Yes they offer a 1911, but, again, I'm just not a fan of the platform...

I'm not saying go copy the CZ75. Absolutely, though, make something better.

There are guns still around, guns that were designed before the Ruger P-series, these same guns that will be manufactured years to come, parts will always be available. Accuracy and reliability will diminish over the years, but parts will always be available to "tune" them or repair them as they break, as all mechanical things do.

The P-series Rugers are exactly what Ruger wants them to be, a memory. Exhibiting substandard reliability and accuracy. The really good ones are modded by their owners. However the legal issues that could potentially create if used "a modified weapon" in an actual shooting to defend your life is a subject best left to another thread.

Though I'm sure if the search function on this forum worked like a Sig rather than a P95, you might be able to find it for yourself.

s4s4u

Hunter
You are entitled to your opinion, although I disagree with most of it. But, we have not had a single problem with the P95 and it shoots where it is aimed. Have a nice day, I'm not gonna carry on with this nonsense.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I like the P95, and the one I used to have was a very good pistol. That said I never fell in love with it or thought it was irreplaceable. When all the other P-guns were discontinued I saw the writing on the wall and sold it for what I paid for it. If I came across a screaming deal on a 95 I would probably buy it, enjoy it for awhile, then sell for a higher price.

FergusonTO35 said:
I like the P95, and the one I used to have was a very good pistol. That said I never fell in love with it or thought it was irreplaceable. When all the other P-guns were discontinued I saw the writing on the wall and sold it for what I paid for it. If I came across a screaming deal on a 95 I would probably buy it, enjoy it for awhile, then sell for a higher price.

This! +1

revhigh

Hawkeye
s4s4u said:
Dunno about that. I bought my daughter a P95 for her house gun when she moved out. We have run 1000's of rounds through that gun and it has not failed once.

This post exactly proves my point ... Nobody debates that the Pee series guns are fairly reliable ... But you CAN have the same or better reliability along with FAR BETTER accuracy and FAR BETTER trigger for the same price. Why on earth wouldn't anybody want that ?

If you're spending the $400-500 that aljames claims he regularly gets for Pee series guns ... Why on earth wouldn't you be buying Sigs and CZ's at the same price point ? Only a fool or somebody that doesn't know guns or that can't appreciate the increased accuracy would spend that kind of money on Pee series guns when FAR BETTER guns were available at the same price.

Just because some fool on the Internet is willing to spend stupid money for a given gun does not validate the gun ... It just validates the stupidity of the buyer.

If you want to know true values ... Look at the Blue Book of guns ...

REV

Al James

Hunter
Rev, Where do you think Blue book of Gun Values get their numbers from? Thin air? Internet forum experts on everything? Or from actual auction sale prices?

The internet has changed the rules. The every few years you get a new edition "Blue Book" is playing an every few years game of catch up with actual market trends. The book only reflects trends from the PREVIOUS years since the last edition. There is nothing current about it. I've owned and used several volumes and have found them to be useful as guides only. I am more convinced by what people ARE actually paying for an item yesterday, not by what the "newest" edition of the blue book says people were paying in 2013.

Perfect example was just a few years ago. One month after Sandy Hook would you have rather sold your NIB Mini-14 for what the blue book said it was worth or for the actual current market value?

And Rev, My "claims" are based on actual Gunbroker sales from the last few months. They are NOT based your opinions or local PA pricing.

revhigh said:
s4s4u said:

This post exactly proves my point ... Nobody debates that the Pee series guns are fairly reliable ... But you CAN have the same or better reliability along with FAR BETTER accuracy and FAR BETTER trigger for the same price. Why on earth wouldn't anybody want that ?

If you're spending the $400-500 that aljames claims he regularly gets for Pee series guns ... Why on earth wouldn't you be buying Sigs and CZ's at the same price point ? Only a fool or somebody that doesn't know guns or that can't appreciate the increased accuracy would spend that kind of money on Pee series guns when FAR BETTER guns were available at the same price.

Just because some fool on the Internet is willing to spend stupid money for a given gun does not validate the gun ... It just validates the stupidity of the buyer.

If you want to know true values ... Look at the Blue Book of guns ...

REV

THIS +1

44-357

Single-Sixer
I finally fired the P-95 last Tuesday and it was great. I shot a 5 shot group at 15 yds I could cover with a nickel. we set up skeet at 40yds on the dirt berm and in 5 shots I could bust 2. over all its a dang good shooter.

revhigh

Hawkeye
blume357 said:
44-357... you must be doing something wrong...
didn't you read above how inaccurate the P-95s are?

Yup ... Never heard a claim like that before ... LOL.

I refer the above shooter to REVHIGH's challenge that NOBODY accepted.

Everybody shoots nickel sized groups on the Internet and all the fanbois go rah rah like it really happened .... Please ...

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55245&hilit=REVHIGH%27s+one+inch+challenge

I expect I'll be getting a message from 44-357 shortly to set up a date for him to take all my money. :D

For 44-357 and his outstanding Pee95 I'll make the odds 100 to one instead of 20-1 ... Let's set it up ...

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
44-357 said:
I shot a 5 shot group at 15 yds I could cover with a nickel.

See above post with REVHIGH's challenge included ... :roll:

I'll be expecting your call.

REV

Latest posts