New to me single-six birthday help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

muzzleloader

Single-Sixer
Could any of the experts here help me with an approximate birthday on my new single-six? 5.5 inch barrel, two cylinders numbered to the pistol with electric pencil.
Serial number is 3856XX. I have been through some charts, but were not much help. Pistol wears oiled walnut (?) grip scales, drift adjustable rear sight, half-moon front sight, no turn line or other blemishes. Gripframe feels like alloy and caliber is of course 22 and 22 mag.
I did pay too much I think, but I'm ok with that. At least it didn't get away while I justified the money. :D
Thanks in advance, and this sight has some of the most helpful and respectful folks around. kyle

muzzleloader

Single-Sixer
Thanks gunzo , that was my guess. Just missed my birth year, oh well.
Mike , I'm at work now but will take a peak tonight at that sn. Thanks again guys

street

Hunter
The significance is only useful to a collector. What you have is a very nice Ruger Single-six convertible. Shoot it and enjoy it. If you get interested in all the different changes to the Ruger Single-sixes the thing you need to do is subscribe to the Red Eagle News Exchange. In it you will find out all you need to know about Ruger hand guns.

muzzleloader

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the reference advice Street. I agree, this is a nice little pistol that will be shot and enjoyed and passed down to a grandson. I'll have to get some more though, 2 grandsons here and another coming in December.