new (to me) mini

Help Support Ruger Forum:

txpete

Bearcat
got this from a friend sat as the price was right.he hadn't shot it in 8-9 years this was his coyote rifle.he told me it shot real good and had a low round count.
brewed up some hand loads and hit the range yesterday morning.I think with some load work and finding the sweet spot it can do better.I only shot out to 50 meters.I was surprized the 62 gr "pulled" bullets shot so well as they had some serious pull marks on them.yesterday I called midway and ordered 2 ruger 20 rd mags.the rifle came with 4 mags but 2 of them are junkers.
pete
DSCF2397.jpg

I had to make 2 adjustments on the rear sight.
to walk it in.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG-6.jpg

62 gr fmjbt with pull marks
IMG_0003-1.jpg

like I say I am pretty happy with it and will work on finding the sweet spot.

pete

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
Hello Pete: Great groups! You could also try H335 powder. It was designed for the 223 round. I use it and am well pleased with the accuracy in my rifles. hth greg :)

txpete

Bearcat
thanks for the heads up greg.I bought a 8 lb jug of the 2520 so it will be a bit before I switch powders.I can reload for almost all my rifles with 2520.it is great in 308 and 7.62x54R.

txpete

Bearcat
it is nice to have friends.one of my buds dropped a huge bag of brass and a good supply of 50,55 and 62 gr bullets for me to try out in my mini also 1000 win sr primers.the mini is going to get a good work out :D .
pete

welder

Buckeye
Good shooting Pete. Iv,e only used Varget so far but am going to try H335 too a little later. I found a couple 1 pounders of Varget back a few months ago when everything was hard to get.