New (to me) Mark II

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bham shooter

Bearcat
Got one yesterday that I'm looking forward to getting out to the range. A basic, thin-barrelled model. Iron sights. In great shape.

Those that have them, tell me more about them. All I've really heard is that you can't go wrong with one, and I've been needing a .22 pistol for a while, so I got it.

Congratulations on the new pistol. There's nothing wrong with the tapered barrel- that's the look that started it all for Ruger!

You're right that it's pretty hard to go wrong with one of these models. They'll last for many years, and many thousands of rounds. Shooting the one you have will give you an idea of what you like for balance in these models. If you're like a lot of us here, you'll end up owning more than one of the MK series...

In the fixed sight guns, I like the shorter barrel. It's awfully handy as a "kit gun" for taking small game around camp or for shooting tin cans.

All of my pistols take a lot more tin cans than small game... :p

EDIT: WELCOME TO THE FORUM! There are a lot of great people here, with a great wealth of knowledge they're willing to share.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum.
You have a fine gun. However,, be carefull, they have been known to cause a bad case of "Rugeritis!"

bham shooter

Bearcat
Here's a few pics. First one is from the store's website, since it was a better quality pic.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/ ... 1265381653

Here's a couple I took.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/ ... 1265381701

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/ ... 1265381725

Bought a .22 boresnake yesterday, and a box of Federal to put through it when I get a chance to get to the range again.

I'll take some better pics at some point. We've got a nice Canon D-SLR that will take some better ones than the phone, but I just haven't made time to take them yet.

VAdoublegunner

Single-Sixer
A fine looking pistol!
They are capable of really great accuracy with their preferred ammo. You should enjoy it for many, many years. I've debated whether to sell my 6 7/8" tapered barrel SS model since I have two of the slab barrel GC models, but just can't bring myself to do it.

bham shooter

Bearcat
Thanks everyone for welcoming me. I thought I was going to get my 3rd Ruger in the form of a 10 22, but this I couldn't pass up. LCP, Mk II, and I traded off a P95 a few years ago, so I've owned 3 (so far).

REP1954

Blackhawk
bham shooter welcome to the Ruger Forum.The short tapered barrel fixed sight MK2 is my favorite model. I used to shoot a couple of different models before I went all revolver about twenty years ago and had gotten rid of them. Two weeks or so ago I picked up a simular model to yours and the fun has not stopped yet. Heres mine.
MK2.jpg

MK2B.jpg

AZSR9fan

Bearcat
bham shooter":2zvlfp20 said:
Got one yesterday that I'm looking forward to getting out to the range. A basic, thin-barrelled model. Iron sights. In great shape.

Those that have them, tell me more about them. All I've really heard is that you can't go wrong with one, and I've been needing a .22 pistol for a while, so I got it.

I just got my new (to me) MkII a while ago and I'm really enjoying it. The only change so far that I've done is add a set of Hogue wrap-around grips. I think that has helped stabilize my grip and improved my accuracy.

I enjoy changing up between my MkII, SR9, and LCP at the range. Always something to learn and improve in my skills.

At some point I will make the decision between adding HiViz front sights or bore/tap for red dot scope. But I'm enjoying it just the way it is right now. And, by the way, welcome to the forum. Always good stuff here!