New to me Flat Top

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aeroscout9

Single-Sixer
Hi you all. Just wanted to show off a new toy. It's a 1957 model Ruger Blackhawk in 44 Magnum. It looks to be in type 2A configuration, from what I can tell, with the thin very curved trigger, and odd base bin. It does not have a dimpled ejector button though. Someone had burnt their initials in the left grip panel sometime in the last 52 years. The action is smooth as silk and just a joy to shoot!! I haven't shot it for groups yet but will this week and throw an updated pic on here maybe without as many fingerprints on the steel!!

100_0262.jpg

100_0265.jpg

100_0259.jpg

Aeroscout9

Single-Sixer
I don't know. It could be a brand I guess. Looks like the initials " V B " connected at the point of the V and the top left of the B.

flatgate

Hawkeye
It appears to me the ejector housing has the "straight slot" and not the "long off-set slot" design. So, perhaps the complete ejector assembly was replaced...

Nice ol' Flattop, for sure!

flatgate

Aeroscout9

Single-Sixer
I knew there would be a few plum lookers!! I like it too.

Flatgate I missed that on the ERH. Good catch.

Thanks all for the kind words.

stuger hawk

Bearcat
Your new addition Flat Top is really a nice one. Nice 4 digit number. I hope you don't change the grips...they add character. I like them! Thanks for sharing, Aero! stuger hawk

Papa

Bearcat
I think it looks like a brand as well, but my first inclination was Y B with the B sharing the leg of the Y?

Did a quick search but couldn't find anything that stood out...

Papa

Aeroscout9

Single-Sixer
Good call Papa. I hadn't looked at it as being a "Y B"

I'll be going to the range today and shooting for groups.

Latest posts