New (to me) 3 screw SBH, and a couple questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
:D From the pictures it sure doesn't look like a long frame. Never seen a long frame with that high a serial number. Good looking old model super

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Then you have one of the scarcer transition models; only about 2000 made. But therefore it can not have the long grip frame. The wood grips would have a 'C' stamped on the back of them.

Does yours have the eagle logo on the barrel?

glass3222

Bearcat
Hondo44 said:
Then you have one of the scarcer transition models; only about 2000 made. But therefore it can not have the long grip frame. The wood grips would have a 'C' stamped on the back of them.

Does yours have the eagle logo on the barrel?

Yes it has an eagle logo barrel, the the inc barrel.

Since this is a transition model, how much does that increase the value? I did not buy this as a collector gun, I bought it to use. But if it has potential to be valuable, I do not want to do something dumb and decrease the value if it buy using it for hunting where it will be used and exposed to the elements very frequently.

woodperson

Single-Sixer
One thing about dry firing. It is supposed to be "okay". But if you break a part on a OM then it will have to be converted. Ruger will not fix it the way it is. I dry fire my NM when I feel like I need some practice and rarely dry fire my OM.

I would also leave it as Mr. Ruger designed it. I purchased a converted OM SBH and after shooting it one time quickly 'unconverted' it. The action is much better than with the conversion part. I know some say the opposite, but please leave it alone. If you want to load 6, buy a New Model.
Enjoy your new Old Model, they are never to be made again.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
glass3222 said:
Yes it has an eagle logo barrel, the the inc barrel.

Since this is a transition model, how much does that increase the value? I did not buy this as a collector gun, I bought it to use. But if it has potential to be valuable, I do not want to do something dumb and decrease the value if it buy using it for hunting where it will be used and exposed to the elements very frequently.

You can't really put a specific premium value on one small feature, it just makes the whole package a little more desirable.

Like I posted in my 1st post: I wouldn't worry about losing value on your gun...... In its present condition which is good, but not 99%, it doesn't have any high collector value anyway." The only guns that have collector value in any condition are those that are super rare, like if only 10 were made.

So use it and shoot it to yours hearts content.