New to Me 22/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
I traded up one of my SR22s for a SS MKIII Target 22/45 KP512MKIII. The Pistol is super clean, no dings or marks. Have Box and Papers, lock, keys, Rail, three Magazines and the original parts when the Mag dis-connect was done. He also threw in a box of 525 Remington Golden Bullet 22LR Ammo and a cheapo TRUGLO Red Dot. S/N Shows it to be a 2011 Gun, same year as my Standard Blued Target MKIII. As for that Red Dot, I really didn't want or have a need for it but he insisted that I take it. I might do something with it, if it has potential, and I like the red Dot, I'll buy a Quality one.

The person was asking for $375 just for the Gun or a possible trade for a SR22 or a Walther 22. He wanted a lighter Gun for his Wife and Daughter as they said the MKIII was too heavy for them. We both thought we got a good deal and I still have a SR22 that I'm keeping :D ..................................

A significant step up in my book. The 5.5" is a favorite for me as it's just about a perfect balance between utility and maximum accuracy. I'd say you made a good trade.

I bought an SR22 a few years back when they hit the shelves. It was cute, easy to carry, and seemed like a reasonable alternative to a "full sized" 22/45.
IMHO, I put the emphasis on the wrong attributes. I can't shoot it well enough to make it worthwhile for plunking varmints and it's loud and obnoxious w/o earplugs(which I seldom have available or don't have time to insert when tackling a varmint issue).
It's relegated to the pickup console in case I need to make a lot of noise rather than make 1 or 2 shots and done. Maybe this is just a personal thing but the SR 22 has become one of the few guns I've bought that I later regretted.

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
JFB said:
i don't know the "values" to comment, but I do think you got a good pistol

I checked the value between the SS Target MKIII and the SR22 and they were about the same giving the year and condition, plus he thru in the Ammo and the cheapo red dot. With all that said, my Daughter and Granddaughter likes the SR22 over the MKIII because of weight. But there is a bigger but, I bought two SR22 from Davidsons as they had a sale, $320 OTD, that was another reason I jumped, I figgured I might jump on a deal some day, as that said, my SR22s are fine Guns, both of them shot really good even with Remington Thunderbolts with no problems and I was not going to trade a Gun if it had problems with Ammo......................