New Tactical Toy...:-)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stevek44

Bearcat
Saw this on Rugers webpage and just had to have one. Added a Nikon scope, a 10/22 Custom Charging Handle in Matte Black, and a Butler Creek 25 round mag in smoke color to finish it off. I can hardly wait to get to the range.

SteveK44... :D

1zba2xi.jpg

8x314y.jpg

2kn0xt.jpg

SBH4628

Blackhawk
Looks like a fun gun! :D Let us know how it does. I've been looking at those. May get one :roll:

DPris

Buckeye
Put a Weaver 2x7 on mine. Spent the last two afternoons up on the hill behind the house shooting it.
Bipod's too short, I swapped a taller Harris on it.
Eventually was popping clay pigeons at 114 lasered yards easily.
Kinda like the thing.
Denis

mattsbox99

Hunter
Looks cool, I never had much luck with the extended magazines myself. One more thing that Ruger could do is thread the barrel for quiet toys.

stevek44

Bearcat
blume357":3jftbp8t said:
I presume that is the standard hot lips mag. I've been looking for one more smoke colored steel lip mag for 2 years now. Where did you get the charging handle?

I purchased them from the links below. The magazine is a Butler Creek Steel Lips. Midway is always getting more mags in stock, if they are out just put a couple on a wish list and it usually only takes a week or two. They let you know right away as soon as they get more in. Good luck.

SteveK44:

Magazine - http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=628767
Charging Handle - http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.m ... y_Code=R1A

Jasperharley

Bearcat
Just bought one of those myself, did a couple of hours at the range. Real nice, crisp right out of the box. I was thinking of building one up, but this is so much easier right now.

I realize the tacticool is just that, but it is a nice rifle, fun and accurate. Draws attention at the range too, unfortunately.

Good to know sales are brisk at Ruger...

martyj

Blackhawk
We have a dealer here in town with one of them with a silencer on it and sounds just like an air rifle when it goes off.

Martyj,

I have a good buddy who owns a 10/22 that came with a silenced barrel... looks like one of these tacticals but the silencer is part of the original 'factory I think' barrel...

I have to take issue with what you said... when you shoot it, it doesn't even sound like an air rifle... doesn't make that much noise... just the bolt going back and forward then a second later you hear a thump as the round hits... pretty damn weird. I'm told these were made for the Israeli Military.

Oh and Steve44, thanks! I put my name on the list at Midway and in less than a week got notice they were in and placed my order.... I also got two of the 10 round steel lip mags, even though they did only come in clear... hopefully for an Appleseed project in March... I've been told the 25 round mags stick down too far for prone shooting.