New Speed Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wagsfn

Bearcat
silverback said:
Thats a pretty speed six. It will be a shooter once you use it for a while......dont let it sit
Thx. Decided it will be shot and carried (sometimes). I'll shoot mainly 38spl at range sessions, but of course a few magnums will have to finish it's day.

I have a blue .357 2 3/4" Police Service Six, essentially the same revolver with a square butt. Fired it a few times with the service stocks and .357 factory 158 gr. semiwadcutters and found that the service stocks tend to bite me a little, enough so that extended range sessions aren't going to be fun, given my arthritic hands.

But a member here was offering a pair of (I think aftermarket but Ruger-made) cocobolo combat grips, which were shorter and slimmer than the fat "big grips" on my Security Six, and also uncheckered. I've found them perfect for shooting hot .38s and standard .357s (I don't see much point in shooting extra-hot .357s in a 2 3/4" revolver--to misquote Shakespeare: "sound and fury signifying nothing"....except a blinding flash to ruin your night vision and a lashing crack to ruin your hearing.).

I think you will grow to LOVE your Speed Six!