New single 7 ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Neezer

Bearcat
G2 asked if the ruger 327 model number 8165 is a new release. It is not, it was a special run that has already been released and now seems to b hard to find

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
protoolman said:
I just think all .327's should come with adjustable sights. Otherwise a very nice gun.

For sure ,,,, or at least a dovetail front.
327 loads and reloads can and do run the full spectrum that no fixed sight can cover. That is if you really want to shoot it past 25 feet.
I'm too cranky to deal with constant Kentucky guesstimation.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Disenting opinion: hand guns, especially SAs, have no business carying sights. ALL proper rifles must have sighgts! Handguns, No

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Rocdoc said:
hand guns, especially SAs, have no business carying sights.

Well we all do have opinions but to me that depends on if the handgun is to be pointed ,,,,, or aimed. 20 feet or 100 yards?
Single actions do come from a distant past but there is no reason they have to remain a primitive, or imprecise tool.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Elmer could gun deer at 5-600 yards with a Colt SA he wrote. John Wayne could bust somebody off the top of a mountain at long range. Yep even I have more SA revolvers with sights than not, all a lot of fun with both, liking the shortie 3.75 barrels lately

48flyer

Single-Sixer
I just happened to run across this thread, and thought I'd share this.
It is the prototype presented to Ruger and Lipsey's for approval. Obviously this has a few differences.
As far as i know, Lipsey's is still planning on releasing these as the model 8168 but no time frame as to when.

20220715_202655.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
The 8165 has been around for a couple years. Not sure if they'll ever make a production run of the 8168, seems Ruger is too interested in making black stuff. Probably why their profit margin went down over the last year... a lot of production went out the door but less profit margin on black guns and wranglers.
Chet15

Neezer

Bearcat
Well apparently they did print these. I'm a little surprised they hit the market and none of us here were aware. There is a used one for sale right now on GB. when I did a serial number check it seems a small batch of them were printed late last year and early this year

G2

Hunter
Interesting..
I like the prototype better especially the dovetail front sight & blue hammer/ trigger.

Really didn't think they would make or offer them with nice "stags".

This gun is just the Birdshead with a Bisley grip/hammer & trigger,,, a little gun with a BIG grip. I guess some might like it.
Still … the so-so poor fitting grips.

Last edited: