New SA for me

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DA Ruger guys don't faint, I'm still a hard core DA guy. I bought a .30 Carbine NM Blackhawk when I was at the OGCA show this past weekend. I came upon this BN31 and after reading a lot of posts about them decided I wanted one...and the price was right. I have plenty of .30 Carbine ammo as I own a M1 Carbine also so no problem there.

Here's the Info:

Red and White box, Box end label:
New Model "BLACKHAWK"
.30 Carbine Cal Revolver
Catalog No. BN31 7 1/2" Bbl

The s/n was written in white on the front of the box

s/n 51-13163, dates to 1978
Has the Southport "Warning" address on the left side

Included the manual marked MRN5/25/4-78 and the light blue Ruger/NRA card

With walnut grips. Next to NO turn line. The guy selling it was selling for a friend and he said he didn't think the guy ever shot it. Looking at the barrel and cylinder/cylinder face I would have to agree. Bought some grips that Bill Hamm was selling because I liked the looks and thought they would look good on the gun. They are a bit thick at the top but they fit my hand fine so I'll work on that later.

eGqIJh7h.jpg

NiOP8qlh.jpg

RJXlIx6h.jpg

WiQPAlTh.jpg

Johnnu2

Hunter
I only have one (old model) 30 Carbine left ...
and it's going with me to the Big Roundup in the far future (I hope)...
p.s. just an FYI...YES, you CAN shoot .32 cal out of a Ruger 30 Carbine (.308 bbl). Hamilton Bowen told me that hisself...(many years ago). His .32-20 conversions at that time retained the orig bbl. I preferred going with a .32 cal. bbl on a conversion I had done by Andy Horvath.

Congrats,

J.

Tip

Single-Sixer
Ron,
That's a fine lookin' Blackhawk, sir. I passed on a .30 Carbine about 2 years ago, from a co-worker.
IIRC, my funds were committed to other things at the time. I won't call it a regret, but if a similar opportunity came my way again, I'd not easily let it get away.
(It's all about having the funds at the right time!)
Do tell, what is the bone / horn material of those Bill Hamm grips? ...I like 'em! :)

Bill, those grips are from Altamont. Mr. Bill Hamm (flattop44 here on the forum) is a long time Ruger collector (you need to go to any show where ROCS is invited and see some of the guns he shows!) and always has some real interesting stuff to sell.

Tip

Single-Sixer
Thanks, Ron.
Yes, Bill is super knowledgeable. I called him a few years back with Ruger-related questions. He was very helpful and friendly. :D

Regards

pawncop

Blackhawk
First time I shot my .30 caliber I was completely surprised. I expected (don't know why) a not .38 Special. Wow, got my complete and undivided attention.