New run of Acusport style SS 5.5" .44 Magnums?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

yankee7809

Single-Sixer
I know if they become available I'll be parting with some money. I have always wanted one in .44 Magnum and just wasn't in the right place at the right time.

kentdep

Single-Sixer
Or you could make your own????

100_0990-1.jpg

Jay

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Like kentdep said, make your own. if it's THAT important to have that or any other particular configuration why not stop waiting for what may not happen for a long time, if ever, and get it done? Change out a few parts and you've got it.

kentdep

Single-Sixer
I was waiting for a 5 1/2" Acusport Single Six too and well...

100_0394-copy.jpg

If you want one like the ones that Acusport makes but can't locate or if they are, like the one above, not even on the radar it isn't to hard to get one made up like you want it. I have traded off the standard parts in the one above and the one higher up I sold the stock parts to off set the cost of one of these conversions.

Jay

c.r.

Single-Sixer
yep, make your own but in blue (well have Mr. Clements make you one)

Kentdep, I like that 5" ERH.

DSCN0331.jpg

Aggie01

Blackhawk
Here is my formula for a 5.5" stainless 44 mag bisley:

1) Spend 6 months accumulating a set of stainless bisley parts.
2) Wait a year, until a GP100 shows up on Gunbroker with a cracked cylinder.
3) send the GP100 to Ruger's fantastic customer service department, who replaces it with a 5.5" stainless Super Blackhawk.
4) assemble the perfect 44 magnum, since I like fluted cylinders on six shots anyway..

I'd post pics, but this plan just came together last week and I'm still filing. :)

Lets just say for what I paid for the broken GP100 and the stainless bisley parts, is less than MSRP for the finished piece.

I'm a patient man.

c.r.

Single-Sixer
Well Aggie01..........see you already messed up and went wih stainless :wink:

But that should fit in perfect with your other hard chromed and stainless projects.
:)

Are you by chance coming down for the t.u. game?

yankee7809

Single-Sixer
I have nib Acusport in an unloved caliber (at least at my house). A change of cylinder and barrel and someone to change the billboard on the side and I could be set right.

Belt Fed

Single-Sixer
My solution to this was to buy a used .44 Mag. Bisley and have a Smith cut and recrown the barrel and remount the front sight and reblue the barrel. It's not stainless, but i prefer blue anyway.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
One of my local shops has a used 5.5-inch Stainless Super Blachawk and I have molested it quite a few times thinking about converting it. They have just been asking too much for a used gun or it would already be in my safe... well that and I keep finding other things to buy :oops:

Latest posts