NEW RUGER!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Ordered mine today and as of 1:00PM ET, they had 7 left. Speaking directly to the salesman at Williams, I was told "we hope to have more coming but not many." Mine should be here in a couple days.

street

Hunter
caryc":2l36eeeo said:
street":2l36eeeo said:
Chad made a statement that only 250 of these 41 Flattops are being made and was chastised for it being a guess. Come on folks, production numbers are always a guess, as Ruger will never give out production numbers on any of their guns. And in case you all forget we owe a big debt to Chad for giving us production numbers for all Rugers guns. Estimated yes, but a well educated guess if I may say so. No one else has bothered to do this.

Whoa there.....slow down a minute buddy. This is what I said

Well, it seems to me that you are only guessing how many will be made. They do have a business schedule to follow. Maybe they are making what fits into their schedule right now.

Just how in hell do you see that as chastising? I didn't ridicule the man, I didn't make fun of him, I didn't mean that in any derogatory way, I simply stated that I thought he was guessing just as everybody else was.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Main Entry: chas·tise
Pronunciation: \(ˌ)chas-ˈtīz\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): chas·tised; chas·tis·ing
Etymology: Middle English chastisen, alteration of chasten
Date: 14th century

1 : to inflict punishment on (as by whipping)
2 : to censure severely : castigate
3 archaic : chasten 2
synonyms see punish

Chastise means to punish, as by beating or to CRITICIZE SEVERELY.
http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/chastise
The meanings that you gave also is correct, but there is more then one meaning. Stating that Chad's work is only guessing, not only belittles all of the work he has done trying to record Rugers History, but is a severe criticism of his work. Anyone who writes about Ruger uses estimated numbers, unless they have factory records to look at, and even then they are sometimes wrong.

What you said was "Well, it seems to me that you are only guessing how many will be made. They do have a business schedule to follow. Maybe they are making what fits into their schedule right now. Maybe what they are making right now is profitable enough that they don't want to drop anything that is selling well for something new".

This implies that Chad's production numbers are usually fact and this time he is only guessing. Of course he was only guessing as Ruger nevers says how many of any model that they make. His numbers are always a guess. I don't understand what [Chad only guessing about the number of guns being made] has to do with the rest of your statement anyway. Whether Chad was guessing or not has nothing to do with your statement about Ruger's business schedule. Perhaps you added this to criticize that Chad was "only guessing", to imply that he should get the actual number? Maybe you put this in your statement to plant the seed that if he is only guessing then he could be wrong about his other statements. Ops! There I go putting words in your mouth again, but that's the way I read it. But as I said above. ALL PRODUCTION NUMBERS ARE GUESSED AT. Ruger never gives production totals. Anyone who reads the RENE would knows that. Every one that has read anything about Ruger knows this. I bet you knew that unless you don't read the RENE. So saying it is "only a guess" is a derogatory statement, meaning that he is only guessing so don't put too much stock in it. If you didn't know that when Chad gives a production figure for any gun it's a guess, then I am wrong. If this is the case then I apoligize for saying that you chatize Chad because not knowing this fact, you would be correct in adding this to the begining of your statement to chastise Chad for "only guessing", even though It is not germane to the rest of what you said.

fordfor

Bearcat
Chastise means to punish, as by beating or to CRITICIZE SEVERELY.
http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/chastise
The meanings that you gave also is correct, but there is more then one meaning. Stating that Chad's work is only guessing, not only belittles all of the work he has done trying to record Rugers History, but is a severe criticism of his work. Anyone who writes about Ruger uses estimated numbers, unless they have factory records to look at, and even then they are sometimes wrong.

What you said was "Well, it seems to me that you are only guessing how many will be made. They do have a business schedule to follow. Maybe they are making what fits into their schedule right now. Maybe what they are making right now is profitable enough that they don't want to drop anything that is selling well for something new".

This implies that Chad's production numbers are usually fact and this time he is only guessing. Of course he was only guessing as Ruger nevers says how many of any model that they make. His numbers are always a guess. I don't understand what [Chad only guessing about the number of guns being made] has to do with the rest of your statement anyway. Whether Chad was guessing or not has nothing to do with your statement about Ruger's business schedule. Perhaps you added this to criticize that Chad was "only guessing", to imply that he should get the actual number? Maybe you put this in your statement to plant the seed that if he is only guessing then he could be wrong about his other statements. Ops! There I go putting words in your mouth again, but that's the way I read it. But as I said above. ALL PRODUCTION NUMBERS ARE GUESSED AT. Ruger never gives production totals. Anyone who reads the RENE would knows that. Every one that has read anything about Ruger knows this. I bet you knew that unless you don't read the RENE. So saying it is "only a guess" is a derogatory statement, meaning that he is only guessing so don't put too much stock in it. If you didn't know that when Chad gives a production figure for any gun it's a guess, then I am wrong. If this is the case then I apoligize for saying that you chatize Chad because not knowing this fact, you would be correct in adding this to the begining of your statement to chastise Chad for "only guessing", even though It is not germane to the rest of what you said.

Yikes..time to lay off the glass pipe..

All Gone - my LGS called for one and by the time he got his updated FFL faxed to them and called back - all were spoken for.
Hope they get another group in. The Hank Williams story is neat - hope it can be verified as true. That would put another spin on the purchase.

caryc

Hawkeye
street,

Man, you are one mouthy dude. I never said one word about Chads work or anything he publishes, only that he was guessing as was everyone else at the time about the number made. What the hell does that have to do with Rene? Of course you'll write another 500 word essay on how it puts down Chad and his work.

Get a life buddy and quit obsessing about a simple little harmless thing that I said.

Chad, I absolutely meant no offense to you. People were talking about numbers and I only said you were probably guessing as everybody else was at the time. If you knew the exact number you would have stated that.

SEVERE CRITICISM?????? Man you must be smoking crack.

street, its time to leave this alone.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Guess once news got out, things picked up. Saw this here and on the Single Actions forum and even that linked to this thread. Guess we did the advertising for them.
Mine will be a safe queen. Another I'll tuck away for the little guy in later years. The HW story...adds nothing to me, never cared for him much actually.
One thing to get our minds working though...

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 899#632899

chet15

Hawkeye
bigbore45colt":2slrwm7c said:
I also bought one off of GunBroker last night. I paid $460 plus shipping for it. Here's the link to my auction from last night:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =141519981

Hope this helps.

BB45C

That's funny! Note the auction doesn't even say its a flattop? Nobody knew it! He calls it a Super Blackhawk...yes, its got an 87- prefix, but a Super it ain't!
Chet15

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Super it ain't....I agree....but the catalog number is S416N, just like the Supers.

Did you happen to notice the roll-mark on the guns you saw in Des Moines? Did it say Super on it or not? I won't know until I get mine.

I'm thinking the end-label and the roll mark say Super Blackhawk on them...that's why he called it Super.

I guess we'll know more when we get them in our hands.

BB45C

chet15

Hawkeye
bigbore45colt":2npu5a84 said:
Super it ain't....I agree....but the catalog number is S416N, just like the Supers.

Did you happen to notice the roll-mark on the guns you saw in Des Moines? Did it say Super on it or not? I won't know until I get mine.

BB45C

They say ".41 BLACKHAWK". Nothing about Super Blackhawk.
XR3 grip frame, checkered hard rubber grips with black eagle medallions, flattop top strap, fluted cylinder, Blackhawk hammer....There's nothing about it that says its a Super except for the catalog number.
Just like the 50th Anniversary .357 flattop NVB34-50 isn't a New Vaquero.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Whoever gets one of these, I've got sn's on 33 of the 40 they received so far thanks to the investigative work of an RENE member. Would like to fill in the missing numbers.
Chet15

street

Hunter
caryc, I never smoked crack in my life, never even smoked second hand crack :lol: :lol: :lol: . But if I ever need to write a 500 page essay on it I know where to get my reference. 8)

As for being mouthy, yea! I confess to that, as this is my 5th reply to this discussion. It looks like we both need to get a life as this is your 7th reply. So being mouthy doesn't just apply to me. I think we are running neck and neck . :roll: :oops: :roll:

I would call it a "tie" as I said you all have the right idea and are correct in "how" you interpret this...,bottom line is, it is a continuation of the serial number range they are using currently, and NOT a "new' special order, like the Buckeye Specials, which by the way are "S" in the catalog numbering, but do have their OWN prefix (610 & 611...) so guys like Flatgate ot Splitz may get one of THEIR numbers (#28 & #100...) so goes the Tale of Ruger..."as the cylinder turns, so goes the days of our lives..........." :D :D :D

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey maybe we can "petition" Hank Jr to WANT a 10 inch 44 or 357....then the rest of us can get one or two or SIX :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR.