New Ruger Tactical 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
WAYNO":mm0wkq6a said:
I don't see my "goofy" SR-22 as "tactical". I see my "goofy" SR-22 as very handy.

Sorry Wayno if I offended you. However, I was talking about the new 10/22 Tactical, not he SR 22.
Would you say it's any more handy that just a 10/22 carbine? I may be ignorant to the benefits, and I'm curious.

fossils and guns":16a0ob8d said:
WAYNO":16a0ob8d said:
I don't see my "goofy" SR-22 as "tactical". I see my "goofy" SR-22 as very handy.

Sorry Wayno if I offended you. However, I was talking about the new 10/22 Tactical, not he SR 22.
Would you say it's any more handy that just a 10/22 carbine? I may be ignorant to the benefits, and I'm curious.

I'm not any more offended than the folks were when I said I'd never own a ridiculous Ruger .380. :D And now that I've broadened my horizons, I've bought two of them!

Anyway...I like short rifles. They're so easy to stow, or to grab when they are stowed. I also like guns that I don't have to baby. As I've said, I'm a varmint hunter. When we're shooting off benches, the length of the gun doesn't matter much. The gun goes from the gun case, to the shooting bench. But, when I'm traveling from one area to another, I often see varmints needing "thinning". A quick little rifle that's easily accessed is just the ticket. No time to set up a bench, and the handiest rest available may be a fence. A short little gun with a pistol grip is great.

This little SR-22 is just a very basic little .22 that I wont have to worry about.

WAYNO.

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
Sounds like the SR-22 is the perfect rifle for you and that's great.
And I'm with you on the LCP; I was on the fence but now that I have one I love it.

wwb":2m6l5tkt said:
Only seen pictures so far....ain't seen or touched the real thing yet.

"Lipstick on a pig" comes readily to mind, though. If you're gonna make it look like an AR, for Pete's sake, make it work like an AR.

why make it work like an AR? the mech. of the 10/22 is superior to the AR in my opinion and I have two of both...

I also don't see anything wrong with shooting a 22lr with close to an AR stock and sighting system to improve your abilities when shooting a real AR.... which is just a jacked up 22.... they don't call it .223 for nothing.