New Ruger sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Zeus

Blackhawk
We have been working hard on several projects lately. This is an express style front sight for the single six. We will have them for the Blackhawk as well. I have been intrigued with the African safari rifles my entire life and loved the sight aesthetics. My first custom Ruger had a larger version of this although less scalloped. This is a teaser of the 3D files. We can alter heights and blades widths easily. Finished sights will also be serrated. Stainless and carbon steel will be available with blackened blades on the one piece units so you can finally have a silver base on a stainless single six.

Also prepping versions with removable blades on same base platform for both the single six and Blackhawk. A one piece steel rear sight which will utilize the existing cross pin and elevation screw is also in the final stages ready for production soon. Think Bowen/Millett style target blade sight picture but solid steel. Then match that with a easily replaceable front sight and you have a solid build. Have a model that we are working with that could also be "adjustable" but lock down solid. That will be after Christmas though, I haven't decided which method I prefer just yet of the few we are looking at. May build all of them then beat them to up to see which is the winner. I honestly haven't decided if that's an exercise in futility. Bowen makes a great "adjustable fixed" sight. The only problem with that one is availability most of the time. Hence the reason this version of ours has been on the back burner for a while.

We are working hard to finish setting up the machine shop this Fall. We will focus on long range rifles and revolver work in the beginning. I'll be putting sights on the website as they come available. Have been excited getting everything to completion and wanted to share!

2cxh8bl.jpg

Almost 12 years ago, I drew a rough sketch on paper for a front sight for my sons bearcat. Alan nailed it. You can see the resemblance of that smaller sight in what we are doing now. I'll likely scale this one down for a bearcat as well based on the size of my original on the Harton gun and hold similar lines to this single six one.

TlfCYs6.jpg

Few pics from today. Almost all the programming is finished and we will run some with screw holes next week when the new countersink bit arrives. All that is left on these is to run the radius and I'll have the first samples off the mill. I'll get some finished pics in a few.

jabPIEL.jpg

yRpCVo8.jpg

RGDR5mZ.jpg

CHeZHJv.jpg

8vYHGzA.jpg

F129HAQ.jpg

Doing both carbon steel and stainless steel.

Test programming samples are done. I'll likely make a run next week to make final tweaks. Getting close quickly!

huAA880.jpg

b0kzN17.jpg

JCuidou.jpg

Zeus

Blackhawk
Thanks Tyrone. We are planning several versions with removable blades and bearcat/Blackhawk sized versions. The one piece rear will be really cool paired with swappable blade front!

gunsbam69

Hunter
Will do Glenn. Love to see what you're making. Have made blades for various revolvers, but was just now getting around to starting some designs for Single Six screw-ons. I like yours just fine and would MUCH rather let you make em!

magnum711

Bearcat
Those look awesome! I would be interested in a few of those. I could even drive to Olathe. Lol

We are considering how we wish this offer to be posted on RugerForum.

In the meantime, please do not initiate purchase offers either openly here or via PM's to Zeus.

Thank you,
:mrgreen: