New Ruger Model 77 Rifle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fyimo

Bearcat
I bought a Ruger Model 77 270 Win with tang safety and it came with a pretty custom stock. The stock proved to have serious bedding problems so I got lucky and got a mint Ruger Model 77 LA factory stock off of GunBroker and I installed it along with Leupold mounts and rings and a Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9x40mm scope. I take it to the range and zero it tomorrow ready for the Deer rifle season opener Saturday.

RugerModel77270Win-1.jpg

valkrider8

Single-Sixer
Thats a nice looking gun and a great caliber. I am a fan of the tang safety. I hunted with a 270 for several years with 130 grain Federals, a deadly combo. Good luck on your opener on Saturday, I'm sure the gun will live up to it's expectations. :wink:

mcknight77

Blackhawk
That is a deer shooting machine.

Also a very late tang safety with the scarce black pad. It will have a hamerforged barrel and should shoot very well.

Boxhead

Blackhawk
mcknight77":2uddafd7 said:

Also a very late tang safety with the scarce black pad. It will have a hamerforged barrel and should shoot very well.

The stock is not orginal to the gun so the gun vintage and barrel manufacturer are unknown I believe.

fyimo

Bearcat
Boxhead":29ihlg75 said:
mcknight77":29ihlg75 said:

The stock is not orginal to the gun so the gun vintage and barrel manufacturer are unknown I believe.

You are correct I just bought the stock off of Gunbroker and the gun was made in 1990 based on the serial number. Ruger took over making their own barrels around 1990 as before that they farmed out the making of their barrels.