New Ruger LCR in the fam!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TYFOON

Bearcat
It came home last night! Haven't shot it, but I love it!

Cant wait to get her out on the range!

Good to meet you all btw!

Foon

VictimNoMore

Bearcat
Just wait til you shoot it. ;)

The LCR does have a little bit of "bite" to her bark. The gel located in the grip is there for a reason. You won't be shooting 300 rounds every range outing....but you *will* enjoy the LCR.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
My wife and I both got the LCR's and headed for the range. Using my reloads of 125 gr cast swc's over 3.1 of Clays. We shot around 100 rounds at 25 feet. Accurate, controlable and smooth. The wife is a good shot anyway and she was pouring shot after shot into the black bull. You will love em.

TYFOON

Bearcat
Thanks for the greetings!

I have XD Springfields for the most part but I had to get this one because of so many reason. I had Kel-tec P3AT but lost faith in it because of the cartridge. Nothing wrong with .380 I guess but I like the .38 +P ballistics a whole bunch better, even with a lower round count. So when I take iron (or polymer :)) and I want to go light, the LCR is my new choice.

+ my wife shoots well but does it for fun, she is happier with a revolver.

Thanks again!

Foon

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
So, what is the story guys on this LCR?

I spoke with a guy tonight at a local gunshop who said that there has been issues with the pin coming out that holds the cylinder arm on, thus making it fall out.

Anyone had a similar occurrence or issue?

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
I've put 360 rounds though mine with no issues whatsoever, and, I haven't heard of anyone else experiencing what your local gun shop "expert" mentioned.

I've gotten suspicious in my old age. Does your local gunshop guy carry a lot of Smiths? I've got 600+ rounds through my LCR. Zero problems. Just a lot of fun to shoot such an accurate, reliable, simple, highly concealable CCW weapon.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
fossils and guns":73064hpp said:
I've put 360 rounds though mine with no issues whatsoever, and, I haven't heard of anyone else experiencing what your local gun shop "expert" mentioned.
That sounds great. Honestly, I love this little powerhouse. The only thing that "sorta" bugs me is the noise it makes when you move it around (the sound of something being loose). The funny thing is, the guy at the gun shop had no clue about that detail and was not even aware of it having been addressed or explained. :idea:

I'm still captivated and I would not mine having it along side my LCP and my Mark III .22 range pistol.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
8)

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
steveodtw":k89k9e99 said:
I've gotten suspicious in my old age. Does your local gunshop guy carry a lot of Smiths? I've got 600+ rounds through my LCR. Zero problems. Just a lot of fun to shoot such an accurate, reliable, simple, highly concealable CCW weapon.
Funny! The guy at the shop said that he personally prefers the S&W 442 over the LCR. When he took it out of the case and I was comparing them together, I responded with, "But, the 442 weighs about 2 more pounds." :p

Thanks for your time Steve~

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
steveodtw":2w2obpcp said:
When you shoot it you will think you must be shooting a heavier gun, because the Hogue grip is so great with the Gel-pak under the ruger logo in the web of your thumb. You wont believe the recoil. Quick to recover the target. Yes-target. You can shoot this thing accurately.
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... highlight=
Making me salivate even more...I've read nothing but good reviews on it thus far. Last nights gun shop dialogue was the first negative I've read outside the "rattling noise" on the interior of the trigger/hammer area.

I am still inspired though~

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
Rattling noise is normal and its addressed in the manual, the LCR replaced all my usual ccw including my LCP :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:

kd4rgwml-How do you carry your LCR? What kind of holster. Still looking for the best solution for an LCR holster. Getting the Tripke K IWB for the LCR Tuesday from RugerShop. I'll see how that goes.

cpietras

Bearcat
The LCR is a nice piece to carry, however the hogue grips as nice as they are for shooting, are a bit uncomfortable against the skin. I like to carry the LCR in my pocket, I use the blackhwak in size 4, it's cheap and effective

Latest posts