New Ruger Gun?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rclark

Hunter
No, produce a five-shot Bisley in .480 if anything. Market it right and it will sell. It's all the revolver most folks will ever need.
Naw, the .45 Colt is all that people really ever need..... 'Want' though is a different story. Why some want bigger wrist busters is beyond me ... but there seems to be niche market for 'em .

A medium .45 Colt with adjustable sights would be tempting to me....

Bucks Owin

Hunter
tomiswho":3lmeucth said:
In reality, I'll bet that Ruger will attempt to down-size the entire Blackhawk line to the smaller frame of the Vaquero...
That would be OK with me as long as they keep the SBH with a .45 Colt choice included. Hell, make 'em ALL Flattops again! :shock:

CraigC

Hawkeye
Rclark":365rda2l said:
Naw, the .45 Colt is all that people really ever need.....
Some folks needs differ from others. A 420gr .475 at 1200fps is actually quite pleasant, relatively speaking.

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
kk9z":2pl00f7g said:
"Interesting. My own impression, and that's all it is, is that the 460 never approached the popularity of the 500.

Be interesting if someone with actual sales knowledge could chime in."

In the big S&W guns, we sell the .500 at a 2 to 1 ratio over the .460. Personally I like the .460 because I could shoot .45LC, .454, and .460. However, I don't personally own either a .500, or a .460-- They Hurt!

Thanks,
Kent

Altho not definitive, this jives with what I thougth the state of the 460 vs 500 status really was.

I can shoot a 44 Magnum accurately for about 15 rounds and that's it. Since I don't deer hunt I am quite content with non magnum calibres.

ebg3

Bearcat
Maybe a 5 shot .454 SBH/Bisley? It does seem logical to offer a BH in .327 also...Personally, I'd love to see a 5 shot big bore SBH or Bisley, that would be awesome!

Rclark

Hunter
A want :p ! Have no problem with that :lol: .

...demonstrably superior to any .45 Colt, no matter how heavily loaded
Another analogy, the .50 Cal machine gun round is 'superior' to the .30-06, but dead is still dead no matter what you shoot the Elk with :) .