New River Gorge National Park in West Virginia

Help Support Ruger Forum:

harley08

Single-Sixer
Thank you for the story and the pictures. Sounds like you had a nice time.
If you go anywhere else please write about it with pictures so others that can not get there will enjoy it also!

trebor44

Blackhawk
Idaho, East of Boisemento, or is it Boisangelos
All of these mining towns were patterned the same. You come to work here with your family and we will work you to death. We will pay you with our special $ which is only good in our company stores. We rent you a house we own. These bast***ds just keep on taking your $ over and over again and you can't take any with you to find a life somewhere else :mad: Oh, they were even nicer to the black folks who were just like any other human being on the planet in just wanting a better life. Their company houses were down the road from the white's and European's, along with their black only church. How kind...
This was a 'common' practice for the 'owners' in the extractive and agri- business industries during that time. It still exists in pockets today. HOW did that make America great? Sloganeering is a form of propaganda to keep the worker bees under control. Many "company towns" exist in the West for the timber, rail, coal and oil industries e.g. Weed, CA!

32shooter

Blackhawk
Great post, beautiful area there. We were down about a month ago. Also visited the mine. We like to run around on the backroads and trails. Wish I had known about McKendree Road then, that's what we like to drive on. Here is my ride.

Attachments

• 20220615_180639.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 23

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
I watched the video that jimbo1096 posted. Unless the road has eroded, that looks like the roads I have traveled here in the Blue Ridge in a two-wheel drive Isuzu P/U.