new revolver gunman GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

alexander80

Bearcat
Hi folks!
I am a gunman from Bulgaria - country in eastern part of European union!
Yesterday I bought my first revolver ever own - Ruger GP100 .357.
I bought it because I like the way I felt gun in my hand.
After 15 rounds for adjustment this is result from precision shooting on 25 meters. 6 rounds fired on 2 parts!

I never Shoot before with Ruger but I am impressive!
I am happy with my new gun!

gunman42782

Hunter
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum! You got a great gun there, and good shooting!

alexander80

Bearcat
gunman42782":16bml13z said:
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum! You got a great gun there, and good shooting!
Thanks!
After I bought it I start to read about GP100 and find this forum and understand that GP 100 is not a bad gun!
Well i think that make good choice :D

wmhawth

Bearcat
alexander80":34ji2kv4 said:
gunman42782":34ji2kv4 said:
Thanks!
After I bought it I start to read about GP100 and find this forum and understand that GP 100 is not a bad gun!
Well i think that make good choice :D

You made an excellent choice. Congratulations on getting a great gun.

2ndamd

Bearcat
Welcome the forum.
Good shooting.
Those GP100s really can shoot accurately.....In the right hands :)

If you care to learn more about it try to click "Search" and type in "GP100". This should give you many informative information.

Be on the look out for how to obtain the IBOK for the GP100. Very very informative resource.

See you around the forum.

alexander80

Bearcat
Thanks for all of you folks!
I am happy to find here a lot of people that have knowledge about Ruger revolvers!

rodfarva

Single-Sixer
That's a great gun that's built like a tank!!! Congratulations on a fine purchase and welcome to the forum!!!

Tweek

Bearcat
Welcome, and very good shooting!

You've got a great revolver there, you will hardly ever hear bad words about the GP100. They are tough, dependable, and accurate.

The 4" adjustable sight model you have is one of the best handling, and most well balanced DA 357's I've ever handled.

Take care, and keep coming back!

tex45acp

Bearcat
alexander80,

Welcome to the forum and yes you have a great gun. You have obviously become very comfortable with the gun and it shows in your shooting skills. The GP-100 is one of the finest revolvers you could own. They are built like a tank and can handle just about anything you can stuff in the cylinder.

How are the gun laws in Bulgaria, and how difficult was it to not only get your gun but also get ammunition for it????

tex45acp

alexander80

Bearcat
tex45acp":2te0bo66 said:
alexander80,

Welcome to the forum and yes you have a great gun. You have obviously become very comfortable with the gun and it shows in your shooting skills. The GP-100 is one of the finest revolvers you could own. They are built like a tank and can handle just about anything you can stuff in the cylinder.

How are the gun laws in Bulgaria, and how difficult was it to not only get your gun but also get ammunition for it????

tex45acp
Well in Bulgaria there is no problem to buy guns with permission from police!
If you are not criminal /gangster / you can buy semi auto pistol or revolver!
Full autos are only for Police forces and army. In last 10 years I personaly owned 11 pistols and 4 rifles like hunter! Policeman from our town know me that I am a passionate shooter and give me permission when I wish to buy another gun. With ammunition for guns there is no problem - in Bulgaria we have a lot of shooting ranges and a lot of them are very modern - in ranges you can buy and shoot so many ammo so you wish! Only problem is cost of ammos! :D

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
gp100 rules":1h21wp03 said:
Be on the look out for how to obtain the IBOK for the GP100. Very very informative resource.

I have the IBOK from Iowegan. Does anyone know if he has a problem with transferring his knowledge on? I assume not, but I wanted to ask first.

alexander80. Can you tell us what brands of ammo you can buy in Bulgaria and what it costs, say as compared against the Euro? I'm interested if so called "worldwide events" impact ammo prices there as much as it does here? Spent several weeks in Sophia when I was a teenager. Would love to go back after these 40 some odd years! I love it when we add another international member - welcome aboard!

2ndamd

Bearcat
Actually Iowegan has made a request that he be the one to send out any info. There was an issue at another forum....I think?

Just e-mail him. You can click on his profile to here to get his e-mail address.

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
gp100 rules":hovsq5tj said:
Actually Iowegan has made a request that he be the one to send out any info. There was an issue at another forum....I think?

Just e-mail him. You can click on his profile to here to get his e-mail address.

Ah ha. Glad I asked! Thanks

alexander80

Bearcat
BeagleDog":31hk0wbe said:
gp100 rules":31hk0wbe said:

I have the IBOK from Iowegan. Does anyone know if he has a problem with transferring his knowledge on? I assume not, but I wanted to ask first.

alexander80. Can you tell us what brands of ammo you can buy in Bulgaria and what it costs, say as compared against the Euro? I'm interested if so called "worldwide events" impact ammo prices there as much as it does here? Spent several weeks in Sophia when I was a teenager. Would love to go back after these 40 some odd years! I love it when we add another international member - welcome aboard!

Well in 357 mag. you can buy Remington, Winchester, Lapua, Hirtenberger - about 1 euro per piece.
For 0.4 euro you can buy Magtech - SJSP, Sellier&Bellot, PPU / parvi partizan - serbian made ammo which is a very good for precision shooting / In 38 SP prises are same.

If you was in Sofia 40 year ago now you will not be able to know it - today Sofia and Plovdiv are modern beauty city by European standards with all bad things - a lot of gangsters, a lot of traffic blocking, dirty ear and so :D