New red dot on 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I got this Sig Romeo 5 red dot from Amazon a couple days for around 130 dollars and have been really impressed. I own 2 aimpoints, a Burris fast fire and a bushnell tr25 so I do have a little experience with them. The thing I like best is when you pick up the rifle the dot is on and when you lay it down it goes off after a couple minutes. It takes a cr2032 button cell and the battery life i
20220704_035603.jpg
s supposed to be around 4000 hours. You can also cut it completely off and on. It only took 8 rounds to be in the bullseye and the optics are crystal clear. I think it is a heck of a deal for a budget red dot.

Last edited:
In what way(s) is it 'better' than the TRS25 other than the shake awake feature? Serious question since I use the TRS25 as the lower benchmark for dot optic performance. Since this was 2X pricewise, I'm interested in the difference(s).

In what way(s) is it 'better' than the TRS25 other than the shake awake feature? Serious question since I use the TRS25 as the lower benchmark for dot optic performance. Since this was 2X pricewise, I'm interested in the difference(s).
I think the tr25 is excellent for the money. You can still get them on ebay new for around 40 bucks. Mine is a few years old and it has gotten so hard to turn it on and off and change the brightness settings. I think the Sig is worth the extra money simply because when you pick up the gun it is on.

Thanatos

Bearcat
Night capability doesn't necessarily mean night vision, could be just an aiming system that is illuminated.

My ol lady runs a Bushnell TRS25 on her 10/22. Reasons?

1. No critical eye relief.
2, No magnification to show wobbles either (like a scope would).

Makes it easier for her to shoot.

My .22 rifles wear scopes, because I hunt with them.

Also have hunted with AR15's..............they make dandy coyote rifles BTW.
Not into the big long heavy versions, just 16" standards w 2-7X scope.
Buddy shot this yote on the run with my old Stag build.

It will put 5 inside of an inch @100 yds w Hornady V max.