New Production Ruger Vaquero 45 LC

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lfpiii

Blackhawk
I went to my dealer today to order two of the Davidson blue Ruger Vaquero 44 mags 5-1/2 barrel # BNV475-C. My dealer called to confirm that it was not a mistake. He was told that these are NOT parts guns. Ruger caught up on production of other guns and needed to keep a line working so they made a new batch 0f 120.

What is interesting is that he was told that Ruger is in the process of making a batch of Vaqueros in 45 LC both stainless and blue. Remember these are NOT the New Vaqueros but the pre 2005 model.

If you want one call your dealer and have him place one on the Davidson wish list. Your dealer MUST be registered with Davidson to get on the wish list.

These limited runs are made available 1st stocking Davidson partners, 2nd dealer wish list and 3rd open sales.

Right now there are only 37 left.

gak

Buckeye
Actually wish I needed one (of the .44s) but am all set with two early ones,...except the Bisley's been calling to me for awhile now - just because!

lfpiii

Blackhawk
I had always wanted one but they are hard to find. I hope that some day soon Ruger makes some more Old Army's I could use several.

Driftwood Johnson

Blackhawk
Howdy

Well, that's real interesting. A bunch of us figured that when Ruger switched over to making the New Vaquero they would not be dumb enough to throw away the tooling for the 'original' model.

Looks like maybe we were right.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Foundries never get ride off old tooling. The initial investment can be millions and becomes pure gravy later on. Since Ruger uses the lost wax method they could easily restart production of old three screws if they ever wanted since wax does not harm the tooling.

I will say that my dealer was suprised that his cost for this new production was higher than parts guns several years ago. I think Davidson is making a little more than normal.

writwing

Single-Sixer
lfpiii said:
I will say that my dealer was suprised that his cost for this new production was higher than parts guns several years ago. I think Davidson is making a little more than normal.

Everything except houses is more than it was last month let alone several years ago.

If Davidson's is making more than normal, good for them!!

Latest posts