New Powder Measure

Help Support Ruger Forum:

triker

Single-Sixer
I'm just a batch loader, 50 rds at a time. I got my new Lee auto drum powder measure on Wednesday. Set it up and got it calibrated for the amount I wanted and is it ever nice. I use Unique so not the most consistent metering, but I load plinking and Target loads so not a big deal. Should have bought it earlier. I had a auto disk on a Lee turret press and lots of reloading supplies but was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer that metastasized into my bones and had to sell everything and move to condo. Dr. said maybe a year or 2. Been 4 1/2 years so got back into reloading a little. Triker

mikld

Blackhawk
A cancer diagnosis is NOT a death sentence. My brother in law and one guy I went to school with died from throat cancer. I was diagnosed with throat cancer in 6/2010 (stage 4?) and had 4 surgeries 30 radiation treatments, dozens of scans, dozens of Dr. visits and lost 50 lbs. The biggie is I had half the population of Brookings Oregon praying for me and today I'm cancer free (and fat and sassy, I put the 50 lbs back on!)... 8)

triker

Single-Sixer
Your right. Glad you doing ok. So far so good for me. I had radiation early on and take hormone shots now and doing as good as can be expected. Triker

Enigma

Hunter
I'm pleased that your Lee powder measure is working out for you. I don't ordinarily buy Lee products, although I try not to bash them without cause. I think that they have some excellent ideas that would probably perform better if they weren't trying to maintain a low price point. Good ideas with less than stellar execution, in other words. I am even more pleased that you are still on the green side of the grass! I lost a good friend to brain cancer 9 years ago who was "cancer-free," according to the docs. They initially gave him 6 months to 1 year; he lasted 2.5.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Enigma said:
I'm pleased that your Lee powder measure is working out for you. I don't ordinarily buy Lee products, although I try not to bash them without cause. I think that they have some excellent ideas that would probably perform better if they weren't trying to maintain a low price point. Good ideas with less than stellar execution, in other words. I am even more pleased that you are still on the green side of the grass! I lost a good friend to brain cancer 9 years ago who was "cancer-free," according to the docs. They initially gave him 6 months to 1 year; he lasted 2.5.
We all know Lee products are cheaper priced. But, they have excellent service. I needed a part for the hand primer, and it was rushed next day service. Their scale is hard for me to use. And, I think the quality has improved all around. Or, they wouldn't be in business.

Ron IL

Bearcat
Good to hear you are back at it again. Nothing like reloading. I like shooting, cleaning the guns, and reloading. All part of the hobby. I have been using a Lee classic turret for years now. I have three turrets set up for 9, 38, and 45. Have never had a problem with the setup. I have never used any other brand before so I don't know if anything can be better. I load cast and now coated cast and clean the dies a couple times a year. I did replace my Lee balance scale with a Dillon balance scale and it is much easier to use and smoother and fast. I have a cheap digital scale for quick checks. I still use the disk powder measure and not really interested in one you can adjust right now. Load and shoot.