New powder company & info

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Today,,, we had some guests at my range. Today was our monthly USPSA match,,, and our guests own a powder company called; "Shooters World." It's a smaller company,,, but they have actually been in business for a few years, selling in bulk mostly.
Well they are branching out a bit, & now offering some powders in 1 lb & 5 lb containers. Today,,, they arrived with 2 powders for sale & some "sample" containers of a 3rd powder.
Today they had "Clean Shot" & "Match Rifle."
The burn rate of "Clean Shot" is comparable to Accurate No 2, Titegroup, & WW-231. It's a pistol & shotgun powder. An example of a load is;
45 Auto; Federal cases; 230 grn FMJ bullets; 5.3 grns of powder; Velocity of 900 fps; Pressure at 19,000 PSI. That's a top end load.

The cost is $18 per lb. Or, if you buy a 5 lb keg,, it comes to $85 a keg.

You can check them out at;
www.shootersworldsc.com

It's very possible they will have some stuff for the attendees at my October East Coast Gathering.

They will also be donating to my Autism Charity match.

contender

Ruger Guru
This company has several powders.
I got a sample of "Ultimate Pistol" to try in a few things.

Plus,,, I'm going to get some of their "Heavy Pistol" to try out. I'm lucky in that their place is about a 30 minute drive for me.

contender

Ruger Guru
I'm not sure about how they do their distribution. Email them to see what they say. I'm going to try & have them here for the Gathering,,,,!

contender

Ruger Guru
These powders are made in the Czech Republic. Distribution is via the distributors listed on the website. I'm just lucky enough to be able to go & get what I need.

Tyrone,
That would be great if they could come to the gathering and talk to us and maybe sell us some trial size containers of powder to evaluate.

Jackie can't wait for vacation. Doing the same thing as last year, Pigeon Forge area for a few days and then over to your place. On Friday when we leave TN, early, I'm going to take her to Beacon Drive In (anyone that's never been there has to go there at least once :D ) for lunch and then stop in to see my suppressor/NFA distributor in Greenville before coming up.

How are you fixed for the "special drink"? If need be I can probably bring some more with me.

contender

Ruger Guru
I'll talk to them about the different powders & all.

I'm good on the refreshments right now. One bottle died gallantly in Ohio.